Thread: WANTED - Short term part/furnished rental ROTORUA CBD - 2/3 bedrooms

Default WANTED - Short term part/furnished rental ROTORUA CBD - 2/3 bedrooms

Looking to rent until our container arrives in approx 10 weeks.

We are a family of four (incl 2 daughters aged 17 and 22 years) so all house trained

I am a nurse who will be working at Rotorua hospital so any accommodation needs to be within walking distance or on a bus route.

OH was British Army (26 years in) until Dec 2011.

No car until April

We hope to fly into Auckland around 25 Jan

Any help or signposting is greatly appreciated

Thanks

you can try www.trademe.co.nz or nz.easyroommate.com

1) Beware!! Never send deposite in advance or never use Western Union or MoneyGram for Rent deposite. There are some fake rent ads put up by crooks from nigeria or eleswhere.

2) Most importantly Call Landlord Mobile number directly and explain your intention to move their and time of your arrival. That will give them enough confidence to accept you from overseas. No one seriously will consider you. Why mobile I said? because mobile number is surely gives you confidence that landlord is located in NZ and he/she isn't using VoIP number while sitting in Nigeria. I used those verification methods to find my accommdation in NZ, when I went there for my last visit.

3) Be ruthless when picking temp room to fit your family need. I prefer accommdation very close to shops and not far from city centre until you get familiar with area. Later on you can find ideal house or flat after viewing and network with people.

4) If you don't find rented one from overseas, I would recommend you to stay in B&B for 2-3 days then move in rented one.

Well, I will be aheading to Auckland in coming months and I do these methods for rented one.

Good Luck

Default House available Lynmore Rotorua

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Looking to rent until our container arrives in approx 10 weeks.

We are a family of four (incl 2 daughters aged 17 and 22 years) so all house trained

I am a nurse who will be working at Rotorua hospital so any accommodation needs to be within walking distance or on a bus route.

OH was British Army (26 years in) until Dec 2011.

No car until April

We hope to fly into Auckland around 25 Jan

Any help or signposting is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Hello, We are a Rotorua couple with a 3 bedroom furnished home available for short term rental.
    The address is in Lynmore, 8 to 10 mins bus ride from CBD with bus stop at the door.
    $320 per week.
    Email us direct at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    for further information and photos
    John and Val
    Last edited by IanW99; 19th January 2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Rule 10: No personal details

Please note.

You are replying to a request from over two years ago, and the original poster has long since got settled in NZ.

If you want others to contact you about your rental, make five posts on any thread, then the forum will automatically enable your ability to send and receive PMs.

Hello John and Val,

I might be interested in renting your house this July-September if it is available. Please make some more posts so that we can PM each other!

Thanks