Thread: Where in the Auckland area should we look for houses?

Default Where in the Auckland area should we look for houses?

We're a family of 4 - Dad, Mum and 2 boys (5 and 2). Dad will be working in Takapuna and although we've been looking at the Whangaparoa area, we're not seeing anything with a decent sized garden The houses are beautiful, but we'd like somewhere with a garden big enough to keep a few chickens, grow our own veg and let 2 VERY energetic boys let off lots of steam.

Any other thoughts about which areas we should look at? Schools will also obviously be a major consideration.

There are probably more larger, maybe even up to lifestyle, blocks rather to the west of there, and south-west. So, looking at Dairy Flat, maybe even right over to Helensville (but that would be a long ride to get to Takapuna). Then you could look at Kumeu, and along that road. Have a look at the map (e.g. Google maps) for surrounding place names, then look on TradeMe and estate agents' sites for properties.

Many thanks! I may be TradeMe's most frequent viewer these days - I think I know the houses on the penninsula off by heart now! But it's good to get an idea of other places. It'll be easier if and when hubby gets over there - he'll be able to look in person - but it's nice to have some sort of starting point

Moved to Waimauku from the North Shore (Campbells Bay & Takapuna) nearly three months ago. Drive time to CBD or Takapuna is easily manageable when compared to my UK based travel times.

Plently of families with young kids and an up and coming area.

Many thanks Roger - will certainly send hubby out there for a look

[QUOTE=RejjieM;435763]Many thanks! I may be TradeMe's most frequent viewer these days - I think I know the houses on the penninsula off by heart now! But it's good to get an idea of other places. It'll be easier if and when hubby gets over there - he'll be able to look in person - but it's nice to have some sort of starting point [/QUOTE

its been a while since your above post wondered if you find something nice near Takapuna? Did tradMe work ok for you?

Hi

We still haven't got our visa approved yet There's been a hold-up with my medical and we're just in that terrible limbo stage, not knowing if we've going to be approved or not