Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining a job offer while still in the UK?

Default Obtaining a job offer while still in the UK?

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to obtain a job offer while still in the UK?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Jones View Post
    Does anyone know if it is at all possible to obtain a job offer while still in the UK?

Steve
    Yes! but it may depend on what your job is.

Ian

FWIW I just applied for a job and they are taking my candidacy seriously with just the SMC ITA lodged. I didn't expect that. I was kicking myself because it would be a pretty good fit with my experience. Hope they think so too.

My husband was offered a job by telephone interview, before we had even started the visa application process. Makes it all very tense though, as deadlines are now very tight!

Hi,
    I submitted our ITA (without job offer) in Aug 2011 but managed to get a job in November via telephone interview for a midwfe's post to start in July 2012. In Nov my ITA was allocated a CO and we have recieved blue stickers in passports today. I agree that it depends on the job but I worked REALLY hard to ensure that my CV was 'top-notch', 'New Zealandised' and I prepped for the interview till the cows came home. Had many interviews in my life but this one was the more scariest by far (not helped by a speaker phone and a slight delay in the conversation).
    Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by smith2182 View Post
    Hi,
    I submitted our ITA (without job offer) in Aug 2011 but managed to get a job in November via telephone interview for a midwfe's post to start in July 2012. In Nov my ITA was allocated a CO and we have recieved blue stickers in passports today. I agree that it depends on the job but I worked REALLY hard to ensure that my CV was 'top-notch', 'New Zealandised' and I prepped for the interview till the cows came home. Had many interviews in my life but this one was the more scariest by far (not helped by a speaker phone and a slight delay in the conversation).
    Nicky
    First congrats on getting your blue stickers today Must feel like an amazing feeling. Out of curiosity what is the main difference in making a CV 'New Zealandised'?

Many thanks

nice

Definitely possible to get a job whilst still in UK

I had a telephone interview in Oct for a nursing post and was offered the job the same night. My employers are one of the district health boards and are 'accredited employers' who are able to recruit from overseas before visas are approved.

Depending on your 'trade', it may be beneficial to contact a recruitment agency who will advise you re: CV as they are different in NZ.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by bell123321 View Post
    First congrats on getting your blue stickers today Must feel like an amazing feeling. Out of curiosity what is the main difference in making a CV 'New Zealandised'?

Many thanks
    I'm interested to know as well, what is the main thing about CV in NZ style.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    I'm interested to know as well, what is the main thing about CV in NZ style.
    It's more personalised...they like to know the person you are as well as what you have achieved.

In UK, you're told to keep it to 2 pages, in NZ it can be longer and more detailed...well that's what I was advised by my agency.

Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast