Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with process and evidence for a partner visa

Default Help with process and evidence for a partner visa

Hi all,

I'm hoping to apply for a partner residency visa and could do with checking I understand everything and getting your view on order in which to do things and evidence to submit.

I qualify as a partner - we have lived together for 2 1/2 years, we are engaged and getting married on 1st June.

In terms of evidence to submit I think I need to provide evidence we've lived together for at least a year and evidence that we are in a committed and ongoing relationship - is this right?
    The evidence of living together is actually a bit tricky as I moved into a flat Andrew was already renting so all the bills etc are in just his name and we never bothered to change anything. We did try to change the utilities about 18 months ago but the company wouldn't do it - they said there was no need and we couldn't persuade them otherwise. So, I can show that we both live there by both having things addressed to the same place - bank statements etc. I also have a statement from our landlord on headed paper saying when I moved it - we used this to support Andrews UK citizenship application. Will this be enough?

In terms of evidence of a committed, ongoing relationship we don't have a joint bank account - something else we never got round to - I can show financial interdependency through bank statements - money transfered between accounts, including the monthly standing order I pay him for rent and bills. I can also submit copies of documents from the registrars showing details of our wedding. I may also have a photo of the notice of intent to marry, I need to check that though. I have photos from holiday and can track down some of the flight records/e-tickets but not all. I don't have anything like wedding invitations because none of my friends have got married recently. I may have some photos of family christmases at my parents too, although again I'll have to check. Would it be helpful to get respectable people to write statements - so a friend who is an NZ citizen and another who is an advice worker both of whom knew us as we got together?

Do you think that sounds ok? What else will I need to find?

In terms of the order in which to do things, I have read the Immigration NZ website and am I right in saying that I need to submit my application form, our police checks and my medical form all at once? Or do I do the application first, wait for a case officer to be appointed and then do the other things when they ask? I'm a little confused about the process and the timescales.

Thank you in advance.

Laura

Hi Laura

We were sort of in the same position as regards proof of partnership, although we are married with 2 children. However, apparently a marriage cert and 2 kids isn't always enough proof The mortgage and all utilities are in my husband's name - we just didn't bother changing them when I moved into his house as I had my own house at the time...

I sent lots of examples of things addressed to me at our address (my bank statements, mobile phone bills, anything official), a variety of pictures of us together at different stages throughout our 8 years together - it's a bit like a "before and after" montage of hairstyles (!) - copies of bank statements with transfers between our accounts highlighted and one letter from a social worker, on the headed paper of her workplace, stating that she has known us for several years as friends, and considers us to be in a stable relationship, and a family unit.

They haven't asked for anything else in this regard as yet - but we haven't had approval yet - the waiting is horrible We're applying through the SMC so a bit different to your application.

As far as the order of things is concerned, for the SMC we had to submit everything at once.

Hope that helps

It sounds as though you've thought of everything as proof of partnership. It may not be necessary to get the letters - what you mention is already to hand could be enough.

I expect you're looking at this page, aren't you? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm Your first thought is right - all at once. (You may be getting confused by reading about what other people have done, who are applying under Skilled Migrant. That is when you send only the application form (EOI) first, and wait till you hear back from INZ to send further proofs.)

Hi,

I had a similar situation - my wife is a PR & I was applying with the kids under the family / partnership residency.

I sent the kids birth certs. & our wedding certificate but was told that was not proof enough that we were living together. We have a joint bank account so sent that info, but the majority of the household bills are in my name as I lived alone beforehand!

we sent in various items of post (bank statements, tax codings, motor insurance letters etc) that were individually addressed to both me & my wife... we got asked for the following: Please provide more original or certified copies of utility bills or other similar official third party documents for 2009 and 2010 (1 joint per year or 2 separate documents each per year).

hope this helps?

Thanks guys. I know I have lots of stuff dated back over the last 3 years so I'll dig it out and make sure I've got a couple of originals for each year and get OH to do the same, hopefully he's kept things - he has a habit of throwing everything away! The same with pictures etc.

I won't be submitting it for a month or two so I've got time to dig around in my records (aka piles of paper!).
    Laura

Do you have council tax bills and electoral role info as they normally cover both names.

I think the general rule is more is better so the more you have evidence for the better.

Hi, I dont know if anybody here has the same situation with me.

I would like to petition my partner but the problem is both of us are not yet legally divorced with our previous relationships. Is there any way that we can apply for a partnership? please help.

An application under Partnership Category will be declined if:

the application is based on marriage or a civil union to a New Zealand citizen or resident and either that New Zealand citizen or resident, or the principal applicant is already married to or in a civil union with another person
    F2.5 d iii, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46503.htm

It looks as though you will have to sort out your previous commitments before you can move on with the present one.

A good way of getting evidence is to keep your receipts for purchases of items for the house. If you can't find the receipts but you can find the purchase on your bank statements then make a note of the date the transaction the amount and the card number used, then go back to the shop and ask them to find that purchase and they can print you a duplicate receipt. If you can take the barcode of the items you brought it will be easier for them to find your original purchase.
    You can then show that you have both been buying item for your home over a period of 12 months if you manage to recover all receipts
    You should show your bank statements that corresponds to the receipts together as proof.

Default Partnership sponsored visa

[QUOTE=JandM;435880]It sounds as though you've thought of everything as proof of partnership. It may not be necessary to get the letters - what you mention is already to hand could be enough.

Hi, my boyfriend and I just found a very nice flat but the contract will only last for three months because we would be taking over someone else's contract until they come back from a trip overseas. The contract will have both my boyfriend's and my name, so I was wondering, does that still count as proof of living together even though it's a short term contract? After the three months there we'll look for another place to stay but I was planning on applying for the partnership work visa before that.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Isixin; 11th July 2016 at 05:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast