Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are to fly in Feb and the dogs to come in Aug

Default We are to fly in Feb and the dogs to come in Aug

Hi!

We have already bought our tickets leaving Feb for Wellington. We have 2 mini dachshunds and wish to bring them over to Welly too. The plan is to move over to Welly, settle down and bring the dogs over in Aug. Why Aug, cause that is when my auntie (my doggies will be staying with her when we are away) will be coming over welly to visit and she can bring the dogs over.

My question is, has anyone done it before without the help of a pet mover company?

As I understood, coming from Singapore, rabies free country, we will still need to quarantine the doggies for 10days. Are there quarantine facilities in Wellington?

Thanks!

There is one quarantine facility near Wellington; it is Shado-Lans and is located about an hour outside of Wellington in Levin. I have been working with a pet transport company in the US and it's been very helpful. The folks at Shado-Lans have been helpful as well. Others have previously posted about their experiences there.

I suggest that you check out the MAF Biosecurity site. http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter/personal/pets

I think you actually have to use a pet transporter, someone else may confirm for me.

I read that if you were to export your pet out of NZ, u need to go through a pet transporter. But nothing was mentioned regarding Importing pets into NZ... Anyone can confirm?

I got a quotation from pets relocation.com and it will cost me about USD6000 for my 2 mini dachshunds.. Its kinda expensive eh

We just moved from the US and I was informed by 2 different companies and the local vets told me that you have to use a transportation company. I used IPT out of LA and the whole process inc all vets visits, quarantine etc was $5000 (US).
    Thanks.

I got a quotation from pets relocation.com and it will cost me about USD6000 for my 2 mini dachshunds.. Its kinda expensive eh[/QUOTE]

Hmm...

I retrieve this from the website and it says "consider"

"Consider contacting a professional pet exporter, who can assist you with arranging tests, treatments, flights, import permits, shipping crates, etc. Some airlines require a pet exporter to book flights for animals, as this adds assurance that all requirements will be completed at the appropriate time prior to departure."

After doing a search on moving pets in this forum, almost everyone recommended using a pet transporter... I actually do not mind using them but here in Singapore, I don't seem to have many choices of these transporter. Pet movers SG is one of them and I have heard really horrible stories about them. Dogs turned up a different breed when they arrived ....

Golden arrow seems to be a favored choice here but they don't seem to ship from SG.

I have given you the experiences we had. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

ok. Appreciate it and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    I have given you the experiences we had. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by fayevalentine View Post
    ok. Appreciate it and thank you.
    No problem. Good luck with your move..not long now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast