Thread: Migration process to new zealand 101

Default Migration process to new zealand 101

Ok all so I am brandnew to this process. I started on the nz immigration website and im familiar somewhat with how the process works and the options available. A little about myself I am twenty something from a small Caribbean Island. I have a Bachelors in Business Admin from a university in the US and two years experience as an insurance underwriter. The pre calculator says I only have 80 points the only thing that can seemingly put me over the edge is a job offer . How possible is this ? Any companies you know of that is likely to offer me a job? Also I live with my mother and siblings . Though this maybe a long shot can my mother be considered "my partner"- any loopholes for that.

Hello Brandnew

I am also from jamaica and have started the process. Welcome to this forum. It is a good source of information.

I see it is. How's the process goin and what have you done so far?

No your Mum cannot be your partner!! Has to be spouse or domestic partner.
    You can check out Seek.com website, my hubby applied and got his job through that website.

Hello and welcome.

thank you JandM.

Hagabel -I need a job offer to bring my points up so the employer has to be accreditted I think. I've looked on seek and I'm applying to jobs on the accreditted orgs websites. Hoping something will happen for me.

I have sent in my expression of interest with 140 points( no job offer), received my ITA, had my qualifications assessed, done my medical and am awaiting teacher registration from New Zealand Teachers Council. Will submit my ITA by February 7th.

Hello Brand New, I am from Jamaica and living in Auckland. Which Caribbean island are you from?

brandnew hasn't posted since January, so may not see your question.