Thread: 9-month WTR visa issued; Auckland destined; Apartment n Job Search

Default 9-month WTR visa issued; Auckland destined; Apartment n Job Search

I have been issued 9-month WTR visa, now countdown has been started, and challenges are waiting, accommodation and job search (University Lecturer). I plan to have departure week before the expiry of visa (before 28th March 2012).
    Letter of WTR was issued on 20th October 2011; I sent passports and application forms on 24th December (Japan to China), received at NZIS office Beijing on 27th December, visa Issued on 28th December, Passports delivered via DHL on 29th December; arrived at our apartment on 7th January 2012.
    Auckland would be our destination preliminarily until job offered anywhere at NZ. I need guidance and help in accommodation reservation;
    1. which place at Auckland would have reasonable renting prices (though i visit website of trademe also) but would like to request if someone has idea?
    2. Whether apartment or house would be cheaper?
    3. which floor in case of apartment and what conditions in house/apartment should be kept in mind? Like in Japan, first floor is cheaper than second floor, first floors have problems of moist, cold, and fungus.
    4. During transitional period until getting SMC related job, what jobs as part-time or full time in AKL are easily available or can be done to run our financial system?

Hi, congrats on getting your visa. Sorry for going off topic, I noticed that there is a gap of around 10 months between the assignment of officer and interview. Is this a standard for Beijing branch? or were there delays in between?

CO had asked later to submit, within three months, the letters issued by three different institutes (where i worked) confirming weekly working hours and the time also when I went to Japan to pursue PHD degree. The process of getting those letters took longer time (requesting for letters from my side to institutes was unusual as generally they just issue simple experience certificates in government services). After submitting certificates, two-three weeks CO took to verify from the employers by telephone call.
    When everything was verified, then CO became ill and probably could not continue work, until mine and other applicants' applications were transferred to Beijing Branch, where the CO managed everything quickly within a week time and arranged an interview.

woah, they actually call your employers. Icic thanks for the info XD

Thinking about your question regarding accommodation, how many of you are there? What are your likes/dislikes? What are your interests? All this could make a difference to what districts people may recommend.

Default What is WTR Visa(New Zealand)?

Hi All,
    I have applied for NZ Immigration, ITA was issued in march-2013 and i manage to submit my documents by sep-2013, my documents are accepted and in progress now.
    I need to know the following;
    1. what is the next procedure
    2. how much i have to wait
    3. what are the chances to get full time resident visa or WTR?
    4. What is WTR?
    5. What if we didn't get a job in 9 month of WTR visa and manage to get only odd jobs?
    6. How much amount we should take with us to NZ and which place in NZ is good & cheap?

thank you so much for your upcoming answers...
    really have many things in mind to ask...thanks once again

This is an old thread, using the old name of a visa which was already not correct then.

Your questions 3 and 4. When you apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category, as you have, if you don't have a job offer from a NZ employer, about the last process the INZ Case Officer will go through is to interview you. This is what the interview is for. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm If the CO is happy that you are well prepared and have a good chance of employment in NZ, you get Residence. If the CO is not really satisfied, but thinks you have a slight chance, you are offered a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa (SMC JSV), also known as deferred residence - the thing that used to be called SMC WTR - which allows you nine months in NZ to find a skilled job. If the CO finds you are not well prepared, you are refused.

5. If a person with SMC JSV does not get the offer of a skilled job within nine months, they have to leave NZ when their visa runs out.

Your questions 1 and 2. Here is an old post which explains processing. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....690#post450690 Because of all the checking which has to be done, and the fact that the CO has to wait for replies from people who can verify that each piece of your evidence is genuine, there is no way to tell in advance how long it will take.

6. Use the Search button (top right). You will find there are many old threads which talk about cost of living, and different places in New Zealand.