Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera battery charger

Default Camera battery charger

My camera is the type that uses a lithium-ion battery that charges by being plugged into a wall socket - it doesn't take the normal duracell/energizer type sold in most stores. When we get to NZ in a couple of months, I know I will be wanting to take many pictures, and I'm not sure if my camera can be charged over there? Would plugging it into an adaptor work, or should I buy a new charger once I get over there?

This is the battery charger I have. Did anyone else have problems like this, or were you able to find a solution somehow? http://dealodeals.com/images/came322.JPG

I have similar one for our camera and it just works fine with power adapter.

Many years ago, I brought my camera battery charger over with me on a visit. I burned it up because it didn't have the magic little number on it 120-240. If your charger only has the 120v, it probably won't work with an adapter.

On the back it says:

Input: 100V-240v 50/60Hz
    Output: 4.2V .25A

Do you think it will work with a plug adapter? If not, do they sell battery chargers there that might work for my camera battery?

As NZ wall power is 230V @ 50Hz your charger range would appear to be adequate.

Tip... buy a spare battery for it in the USA before you leave as a spare battery (assuming one is even available here) would cost you considerably more in NZ than buying one from the USA.

Cheers
    G

Oh, perfect! And I planned on buying a spare battery here. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty mouse View Post
    On the back it says:

Input: 100V-240v 50/60Hz
    Output: 4.2V .25A

Do you think it will work with a plug adapter? If not, do they sell battery chargers there that might work for my camera battery?
    Mine is similar to yours. It works with just a plug adapter. Take Falcon's advice and buy a spare battery unless you have someone that would send you one in case yours fails. Just remember that any appliances that you bring, if they only have the 120v on them, they won't work with an adapter. I found that everything I brought that has the 120-240 on it works with just an adapter.

Right - I think the only things to be plugged in we are bringing will be our computers, and battery chargers. Not worth it to bring other things!

As an aside, I believe that lithium batteries need to be in your hand luggage, they cannot be in the checked-in bags.

Oh, okay! Do you know why? I generally would have my camera with me in the cabin anyway, so I'll make sure if I pickup another battery to keep it in my purse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast