Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT Jobs Outside of Auckland?

Default IT Jobs Outside of Auckland?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked, but stuggled to find it in the search.

Other than in Auckland where is a good place to be looking for IT jobs? I live in a small town outside of Oxford called Carterton (population around 14000) I would outside of Oxford in a town called Abingdon (Population around 36000) and i used to work in oxford (population around 150,000) i have never been a big fan of large citys so dont mind staying out of them.

From what i can find Auckland has a population of around 1,500,000 (sorry if i am wrong)

So what i am getting at is where esle could i look for IT jobs in a city which i would feel more at home in?

Hope this question makes sense to someone :-)

Thanks

Hi there,
    Do you have any specific region in North Island? From what I have come across through agencies, there are IT jobs available in Hamilton (its about 90 minutes drive from Auckland), one of the agency said pay scale for jobs in Hamilton is sometimes 10% lower than Auckland mainly due to lower cost of living. I'm not sure about any other major cities but someone might drop by with more info.

hi there, you can have a look at the IT jobs in NZ at the website seek.co.nz

just use the filter for all NZ except auckland and you will get a thorough idea about the same.

cheers.

There are IT jobs everywhere in NZ, for example there are huge dairy processing factories in the middle of nowhere.

So maybe you should do some research about somewhere you would like to live and narrow your job searching for that area.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs allows you to search by region.

What skills on IT do you have. LIT support and administrative role can be found in smaller township . Management roles difficult to find in small towns.

Thanks for the responses.

I am leaning towards Hamilton :-) My sister in law is hoping to move there and is just waiting for her husband to find a job there.

The area i a have been working in is POS system support and Testing (Point of Sales ie Shop Tills). The testing I have done has been around POS, but the skills are transferable to other software testing.

I have been searching on Seek and TradeMe so will continue looking around.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

If you havent' already then check out Fonterra in Hamilton.

Fonterra Hamilton
    80 London Street Hamilton New Zealand
    Phone: +64 7 839 8398

HI Bruckner,

Just saw your response to TIM about software testing jobs.Am also looking for Software testing jobs in NZ have 6+yrs of exp working for 3rd largest US telecom company .Currently I have applied EOI with 150 points and I wanted have job offer so that i will get confidence and can start working immediately after I get PR. Could you
    Give me any contacts or references whom I can approach..

And wanted to ask you what is this Fonterra Hamilton ..Is this a IT company?

Thanks,
    Kish

Quote Originally Posted by kishore View Post
    And wanted to ask you what is this Fonterra Hamilton ..Is this a IT company?
    Google helps . In short its one of the largest dairy company in NZ.

Sun,

Is it possible to get a job from outside NZ? Since am already in midway though in PR.

Thanks,
    Kish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast