Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got Residence without a job and lodged ITA since July?

Default Anyone got Residence without a job and lodged ITA since July?

Hello

We have our interview this week and I'm interested to know if anyone has managed to get residence granted without a job offer since they changed the SMC policy in July? I've read a few articles which seem to be saying that it's now no longer possible to get residence without a job offer which means a job search visa is as good as it gets -is this true? What have been your experiences?

Thanks

Could be wrong but a few people on this thread appear to have got residency without a job offer since July. I hope that's right or we may be in trouble.

It's not true that you can't get Residence without a job offer. There have been several forumites who have got straight Residence since July.

But are these people who lodged their ITAs before July? My understanding is that if you lodged your application after July the new policy comes into play which means there's a greater emphasis on job offers and proving your employability -I may well be wrong about this but would be interested to know what other people think?

Ah, I see what you mean.

would love to hear if anyone without a job offer has been interviewed in Dec/Jan and got a decision yet? We're 3 weeks on from interview and waiting...

How wuold one get over 140 points without a job offer, which counts for 50 points? Seems to me a job offer is a must for residency.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNZ View Post
    How wuold one get over 140 points without a job offer, which counts for 50 points? Seems to me a job offer is a must for residency.
    We got selected with 135 points as 15 were for experience in LTSSL. I haven't seen anywhere that you have to have 140 points for residence -otherwise why were we invited to apply? I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNZ View Post
    Well- I have not got a job offer- but do have 155 points, so it is possible (level of qualification, experience and partners qualifications all contribute).

Ta,

Eliot

Yes, for us is possible because of points from my partner qualifications. But I think that if you have 140 points, it is not sure that you will get the residence. You will have the residence if you can proove that you can settle in NZ, and having a job offer it is a good proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast