Thread: Cant figure out whether my degree in assessing or not...please help

Default Cant figure out whether my degree in assessing or not...please help

Ok so I have looked over and over the qualifications except form assessment and I am still stuck

I have an BSc Honours in Computing and Design with the Open University. Looking at this I should be able to get 50 points. However when you scroll down to Open University, it says Qualification awarded from:-

DipHE: 1993
    MA, MBA and MSc: 1991
    MPhil and PhD: 1982
    PGDip: 2002

and there is no mention of BA or BSc anywhere unlike the other uni's do.

Can anyone help me. I don't really want to have to pay for it to be assessed when there has just been a miss print. I have rang up Immigration and the lady said that she doesn't understand why its not on the list and maybe I may need to get it assessed, so not really a straight answer.

Any ideas,
    thanks

Sorry mate, I fell into MSc bracket and got the points. Someone with similar situation might drop by with more sensible answer. Meanwhile could you check this with NZQA?

My MSc was assessed by NZQA without any problem (based on the university I suppose).

Hi Sun777, contacted NZQA and they couldn't help me, they said its in NZ Immigrations hands and to contact them.

Sorry I can't see myself to be more helpful here but I'd suggest you drop an email to INZ with your question (also putting a note that you contacted NZQA but you can skip about your call to INZ earlier), there's possibility that support staff would actually look at your question afresh and consult someone within INZ before answering. That's one ray of hope I'd see plus you will have an answer in writing for future reference.

Hi Sun777, have emailed Immigration twice over the past 10 days and haven't heard anything back. Think I will ring them again 2morrow to get a second opinion.

Yeah Spider that's good idea to get an indication at least and meanwhile someone might reply back to your email as well.

United Kingdom - Academic Qualifications (29/11/2010)
    Bachelor degree Open -------------Awarded by the Open University (from 1969 onwards).......Level 6--------Points 50

United Kingdom - Academic Qualifications (25/07/2011)
    Bachelor degree Open -------------Awarded by the Open University (from 1969 onwards).......Level 6--------Points 40

New Criteria
    Bachelor of Arts Open
    Bachelor of Science Open (with or without Honours)
    Bachelor of Engineering Open Honours
    Awarded by The Open University
    Refer to NZQA for assessment

You need to have assessment in my opinion.