Thread: Evidence of work experience missing - any suggestions?

Smile Evidence of work experience missing - any suggestions?

Hello all,

I just joined the forum and about to submit my EOI in the next few days.
    I am an ICT Business Analyst by profession with 5 yrs exp in Telecom software industry in India with a Canadian vendor.

Prior to this exp, I worked in UK for about 14 months as a Technical Support officer and moved back to India.
    But for this exp, I do not have a service letter/evidence. And to make things worse, the company with which I worked was shut down about a couple of years ago.

If I count this 14 months exp, my total work exp = 6 yrs which gives me additional points and I score a 140. Yay !!

But, as I said no evidence whatsoever. Is there any way to present this to NZ authorities? Like in case of Australia Immigration, you can make a statutory declaration for similar issues.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I forgot to mention, I am counting this exp from UK because it is in the LTSSL. If I say good bye to this 14 mnths work exp - I am left at 135 (which is not that bad either)

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Prior to this exp, I worked in UK for about 14 months as a Technical Support officer and moved back to India.
    But for this exp, I do not have a service letter/evidence. And to make things worse, the company with which I worked was shut down about a couple of years ago.
    Do you have payslip or taxation filed for this period? I think your ex-employer must have filed some sort of tax before shutting down.

I agree that the authorities should have records. Also, can you perhaps contact any former colleague from that business, as they could give you a supporting letter?

Thank you for your replies.
    Yes, fortunately I have the payslips with me. Getting a supporting letter could be cumbersome since I am not in touch with my former colleagues

Will "only" the payslips help? Can I go ahead and claim that exp when filling the EOI or would that be a gamble?

I think, go ahead and claim the experience. You're not the only person ever to have had to explain that the business they worked for doesn't exist any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think, go ahead and claim the experience. You're not the only person ever to have had to explain that the business they worked for doesn't exist any more.
    I agree. If you google the name of that company i am sure there is a trace that it existed and you can provide the link to INZ then they can verify this on whatever document you have say your payslip.

I'd also suggest to go ahead with claiming points for work experience and provide as much information available when you submit ITA (just make sure you highlight your UK NI number or any government issued id no. available on payslip).

Thank you JandM, Boodstock, Sun for the encouragement.
    I do have my pay slips, except for 3 months in between. (i am guessing that is acceptable since I have it for the first 9 months, then the missing 3 and then for the last one.
    I also found the evidence of tax paid which was sent by the IRS authority in UK.

Yes, you are right; on googling they would come to know that such company existed. I tried it myself and there are many references.

Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    I also found the evidence of tax paid which was sent by the IRS authority in UK.
    Keep that tax slip safely and that will do the magic, good luck :nice