Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four go to live in Rotorua next week!!

Default Four go to live in Rotorua next week!!

Well it's almost upon us....24 years ago we first discussed moving to NZ...and now here we are almost there!

From the idea resurfacing a year ago, it has been a rollercoaster ride ( as most of you will know already)!

We have stayed positive - gazing daily at a map of NZ we'd stuck up in the kitchen, that we got at an Expo last Feb - not really knowing where we wanted to live.

We have given our lovely cat, Bill away.....said goodbye to dear friends......but not family yet....that's this weekend .....seen our home packed up and driven away.

We have been sleeping on the living room floor, recharging our batteries before the final part of our life journey.

I have a job but OH does not yet...hoping it will not take too long...but it is a concern....

Girls are really excited too, pleased they are a little bit older and can understand why we're all going.

Sort of even looking forward to the flight (via HK where the eldest was born), the others aren't as they all smoke (oh dear!)

Have booked into a motel for a few days and hoping we will be able to pick up a short term furnished rental until our container arrives in March.

Have got about 10 days before starting work and they have me on an induction/ orientation programme on my first day...how very organised!

Wish us luck as we hold on to our hats!!!!!!

Hang in there.

Best of luck! :-)

Don't forget to go relax in the Polynesian Spa to soak those jetlag blues away Best of luck!

Fantastic!!!! Really pleased for you, enjoy your flight, stay safe and let the adventures begin. Lucky you going into the nice warm waether!!!!!!

Good luck! I hope the move goes well for you! The feeling when you land here is amazing! When I landed last week after a brief trip overseas the immigration agent said 'Welcome home' which felt great!

Have a safe trip MetalSoul !!

So happy for you! You did it, congradulations!

All the very best for your journey and your settling in

When do you actually fly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast