Thread: Going in and out of NZ on Work Visa

Default Going in and out of NZ on Work Visa

Hi!

My work visa (WTR) indicates multiple entry with 9 months validity, can anyone confirm that I SHOULDN'T have problems going in and out of NZ within 9-month period to go to client sites in Australia as part of my work?

I plan to apply for permanent visa after 3 months of employment, which should equally be ok to travel in and out of the country. I just want to confirm this before taking this job :S

Thanks!

You have the multiple-entry visa - that's what it's for.

Is that true for all work visas? I filled out a partnership based work visa (my husband will be doing a phd there), and I didn't see anything about muiltiple entry on the form, though it did briefly mention most work visas allow for that?

Some do, some don't. You need to check, as if you don't have multiple entry, you can apply for it separately. You DEFINITELY don't want to leave the country without making certain you can get back in again.

Definitely! Where would I check in it? I filled out form INZ 1015, and don't see anything mentioning multiple entry or not. Also, is it something I could apply for after we're down there, once we've settled?

I guess there's a note on part of it that says work visas normally allow for multiple entry travel, so I guess that's a good thing!

If you have a business need to go in and out of NZ, I would suggest meet INZ when you are here, they may well modify the conditions of your visa. I find them quite approachable for non-standard situations, and they are quite supportive within reason I think.

Just my personal opinion, and my message is not to worry but just consult with them.

Thank you for all the replies