Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as Job Search Visa?

Default Is there such thing as Job Search Visa?

I have gotten my registration as medical laboratory technician from the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand and have filed an EOI. But I was told by some that there is a slim chance that my EOI will be selected since I do not have a job offer. And some told me that it is almost impossible to get a job offer when one is not physically present in New Zealand for job interviews, etc. I am interested to know if there is such thing as job search visa in New Zealand where one is allowed to go job hunting in a specified time. I am currently residing in the Philippines.
    Thank you!

The only job search visa is for recent graduates, though you can travel to NZ on a visitor visa if you are not here to work.
    This will allow you to look for work and attend interviews etc.

Look for Silver Fern Visa on INZ website, its a job search visa and opens around April (limited to 300). You have to be organized and ready with all details as the places are taken upby online application within <1 hour after it is open.

Look & Serach for "Sliver Fern" in the forum for details

Quote Originally Posted by eternalkiwi View Post
    The only job search visa is for recent graduates, though you can travel to NZ on a visitor visa if you are not here to work.
    This will allow you to look for work and attend interviews etc.
    Actually there are a couple more job search visas now, the silver fern one mentioned by shawankit and also the SMC job search visa.

If we think you have potential, but want to see how you settle, we will give you a job search visa, which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved.
    Of course neither of them are probably relevant to the OP.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by paulo1022 View Post
    I have gotten my registration as medical laboratory technician from the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand and have filed an EOI. But I was told by some that there is a slim chance that my EOI will be selected since I do not have a job offer. And some told me that it is almost impossible to get a job offer when one is not physically present in New Zealand for job interviews, etc. I am interested to know if there is such thing as job search visa in New Zealand where one is allowed to go job hunting in a specified time. I am currently residing in the Philippines.
    Thank you!
    'I was told...' By whom, I wonder, and on what basis? How many points do you have? That is what will decide how much of a chance you have to be selected, how quickly.

The SMC Job Search visa Ian mentions is what CAN be the outcome of an interview when applying for Residence under Skilled Migrant - it's not possible to apply for it directly.

Many people on the forum have obtained a job offer by travelling to NZ as a visitor, having previously contacted potential employers to let them know they would be available for interview between certain dates. Of course it is not legal to start work without a work visa of some kind, but this can be processed quite quickly to enable a person to take up the job and not keep the employer waiting too long. And the existing Skilled Migrant application would be immediately put to the front of the queue by the existence of a job offer.

You are of great help, guys. I appreciate all your inputs. Thank you so much. As of now, I have decided to just wait for the result of the EOI I have filed. I have accumulated a total of 120 points.

Good luck. . 120 has done it for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Good luck. . 120 has done it for many people.
    Now I start feeling better..., JandM.

P.S! Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread/post?!

@paulo, your qualification as MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST in the Philippines is comparable only as MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN in NZ therefore your skill is only with the Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL). Please Refer with this link: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...t5December.pdf. Your EOI chance to be selected is so slim because your skill is not in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) but anyway I am not discouraging you, I'm just here to help.

Just my two cents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast