Thread: Just booked my flight!!

Default Just booked my flight!!

Departing for Auckland 29th May 2012!!

Paid £758 in total for 2 hotels in manchester and auckland, only 1hr30min connection in singapore, also have a seat with extra leg room at that price.

Tbh Its more then i wanted to pay but as its from manchester it saves getting to london i guess.

Well, there's something to look forward to.

I think whatever air fares cost, they're ALWAYS more than you want to pay!

HIya. Do you have to fly to London first? I didnt think you could fly to Singapore from Manchester anymore. Cheers

Believe it goes via Munich with a 1hour layover

Quote Originally Posted by HullGuy View Post
    Departing for Auckland 29th May 2012!!

Paid £758 in total for 2 hotels in manchester and auckland, only 1hr30min connection in singapore, also have a seat with extra leg room at that price.

Tbh Its more then i wanted to pay but as its from manchester it saves getting to london i guess.

Hullguy, thats a brilliant price, including hotels!! ...We think so anyhow, compared to what we have checked, around £1000!! Is that with Singapore airlines?? We will be wanting to fly from Manchester around the same time if we get our blue stickers - which we are waiting to hear back from still but its not been that long even though I have no more nails

Goodluck with your journey and hope its all what you expect it to be!!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Great news!

SIA does still fly from Manchester but as Benandclare says, there is a stop in Munich first.

You can also look at Etihad and Emirates for direct flights out of MAN. I flew to the UK with Etihad at Xmas from Wellington to Sydney, Abu Dhabi (near Dubai) and then Manchester. Good service. My parents flew with Emirates but they flew into Auckland then on to Welly.

Hmmm, i posted a reply on my phone but it hasnt shown up?

SO from what i can remember, i had seen flights for £606 from london but it means getting to london and then any hotel costs. I had checked from manchester on my app but was very pricey so decided london it was... till i found this.

So yeah im pretty darn happy with that.

Yeah flying with singapore, i was told we are stopping in munich to fill up with petrol then on our way again.

Did have the option to fly man - lon with BA but that less expensive but 12hr wait in lax!

Quote Originally Posted by HullGuy View Post

So yeah im pretty darn happy with that.
    Pleased your happy, I keep looking and hopefully we will book our flights once we have been accepted. Hoping to maybe fly via LA and stop off for a week and have a holiday!!

Goodluck with your new adventure!!

We booked last night with Emirates...

2 Adults
    2 Kids

One way London Gatwick to Auckland with 1 stop at Dubai = £2922...

A bit more expensive, but their airmiles are quite good & my wife has used them before...

Flew out using Air New Zealand. Got a head start to my Airpoints account and with a return trip plus a few business trips to Wellington I've got unlimited access to their Koru lounge.

When are you flying?