Thread: Demonstrating the potential to settle query

Smile Demonstrating the potential to settle query

Hello we're post interview waiting for a decision from our CO on whether we will get a job search visa or residence visa and I have a query. We have 135 points with 15 points being for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage (LTSSL). Does the fact that my husband's occupation is on the absolute skills shortage list and that he has many years experience in that field indicate that he has a high chance of finding employment and has demonstrated the potential to settle?

Am going out of my mind waiting for a decision as I know others are but I'm interested to know what people think on this?

Thanks

The interview is the determining factor for this, above all else. Everybody who gets as far as having an ITA is going to have qualifications and other things to get them the right number of points. The CO then probes for knowledge of NZ, its systems and work places, and the person's plans and strategies.

thank you -guess I was just hoping!

Fingers crossed for you. ++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The interview is the determining factor for this, above all else. Everybody who gets as far as having an ITA is going to have qualifications and other things to get them the right number of points. The CO then probes for knowledge of NZ, its systems and work places, and the person's plans and strategies.
    These few words but makes so much sense.

Even then confuse/worried mind wants to hear it again and again I guess this happens when one is taking big decisions in life. Thanks JandM.

It's normal to be anxious about all this, truly. I think 99% of the people on the forum will have lost sleep over emigration decisions, either their own (whether to go for it or not), or INZ's, or both.