Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO requested documents

Default CO requested documents

Hi,
    I have been requested following documents from my CO. Please advise on how should I deal with this.

We have completed a first assessment of your application and need more information before we can proceed further.

Please send the following:

Please provide the following original documents – Birth certificate, Qualification, transcripts and work experience documents. Original passport if possible would also be helpful. ---Is it mandatory to send them original docs. It is a big bunch of docs and even one page gets misplaced by human error or in transit, I will have to suffer a lot. I understand Immigration dept. view as they want Forensic dept. to evaluate it, but can I avoid sending original documents somehow?

Please provide bank statements showing salary payment from your current employer. --No problem can provide.

Please provide details on when you went to USA and your USA visas. --Have already provided certified copies of passport which includes visas ,stamps and Arrival/Departure form which we get at port of entry. Should i email them indicating this?

We note your spouse "XXXX " has declared her other name on the application form – "YYYY" however these names do not appear on the police certificates you have provided. You will need to provide evidence these names were checked on the police checks or obtain new police certificates.
    ---My spouse official name is still 'XXXX'. and 'YYYYY' is just name we use at home. Should i email them indicating this?

Please provide evidence of your English language ability. Please see Appendix A for details on this. ---Me and my spouse have a qualification which was taught in English. Also I have stayed in USA for 3+yrs which is an English speaking country doing my job for which English language is mandatory. I also have sent certified educational transcripts to them. How do I explain this to my CO?

They are very persnickety to say the least. I just went through the process myself, and my husband is a kiwi. Best of luck. You can try and email them, but I have a feeling you will need to fix your documents and still prove English etc. As for original documents I just went and got everything notarized and that was perfectly acceptable for the Washington office. Good luck either way.

I have already sent them notarized documents. Not sure why they requested original.

first assessment is mostly done by the documentation team inside NZ , guess CO's do it outside NZ.

If you have not submitted ur birth cert, experience etc then that is your mistkae but if they have asked ORIGINALS specifically again even if you have submitted then you should go with originals.

Payslips are important to show that ur with the employer, send last 3 months

not sure of english language, is your degree certificates, transcripts are completely in english? if they see any other language in these ten they ask evidences

Original documents: if they've asked for original documents, they want original documents for some reason. You will get through this process more smoothly if you go with what they want. (It's not worthwhile wondering why they've asked this from you, not from other people. There may be some issue such as they've had fraudsters trying to get by with things purporting to be what you have for real, so they are having to be extra careful. You'll never know, probably.)

Details on when you went to USA, and USA visas: yes, email them saying what the dates were, and indicate that proof can be seen on pages whatever of the passport, a copy of which they already have.

Spouse's name: it's unfortunate that you have brought this one on yourselves, mentioning her family alternative name. Now that they've heard it, they are going to press through wanting to know that the police have no record of her under this 'alias'. New police certificates in both names, I'm afraid.

English ability: here's what the operational manual says about this - you both need to show the same standard of English if you're claiming points for your partner's qualification.

SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category must be declined if the principal applicant has not met the minimum standard of English.
    Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module.
    Notwithstanding (b) above, an immigration officer may, on a case by case basis, consider the following as evidence of the principal applicant meeting the minimum standard of English if:
    they provide evidence that their recognised qualification(s):
    was gained as a result of a course or courses of study in which English was the only medium of instruction; and
    (if that qualification was gained in New Zealand) the qualification had a minimum completion time of at least two years and is at least a bachelor degree or it is a post-graduate qualification and the applicant has an undergraduate qualification that qualifies for points; or
    they have current skilled employment in New Zealand for a period of at least 12 months that qualifies for points (see SM7); or
    they provide other evidence which satisfies an immigration officer that, taking account of that evidence and all the circumstances of the application, they are a competent user of English. These circumstances may include but are not limited to:
    the country in which the applicant currently resides;
    the country(ies) in which the applicant has previously resided;
    the duration of residence in each country;
    whether the applicant speaks any language other than English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak any language other than English;
    the nature of the applicant's current or previous employment (if any) and whether that is or was likely to require skill in English language;
    the nature of the applicant's qualifications (if any) and whether the obtaining of those qualifications was likely to require skill in the English language.
    In any case, an immigration officer may require an applicant to provide an IELTS certificate in terms of paragraph (b). In such cases, the IELTS certificate will be used to determine whether the principal applicant* meets the minimum standard of English.
    Note: Full consideration must be given to all evidence of English language ability provided before a decision to request an IELTS certificate under SM5.5 (d) is made. If an IELTS certificate is requested the reason(s) behind the decision must be clearly documented and conveyed to the applicant.
    As you both meet the criteria for NOT needing IELTS, you have to prove it. You'll each need a letter from the awarding body of your qualification, saying that your course was taught in English, and you'll need a letter from your employer saying that you work in English and could not do the job otherwise.

For all these points, the official has a set of rules to follow - they have to tick the boxes at each point. They need to have proof from a third party for each of the criteria - it's not enough that you say something is true. You know you are an honest person, but they can't simply take anything on trust from anybody.

Please provide the following original documents – Birth certificate, Qualification, transcripts and work experience documents. Original passport if possible would also be helpful. ---Is it mandatory to send them original docs. It is a big bunch of docs and even one page gets misplaced by human error or in transit, I will have to suffer a lot. I understand Immigration dept. view as they want Forensic dept. to evaluate it, but can I avoid sending original documents somehow?

Please provide details on when you went to USA and your USA visas. --Have already provided certified copies of passport which includes visas ,stamps and Arrival/Departure form which we get at port of entry. Should i email them indicating this?

We note your spouse "XXXX " has declared her other name on the application form – "YYYY" however these names do not appear on the police certificates you have provided. You will need to provide evidence these names were checked on the police checks or obtain new police certificates.
    ---My spouse official name is still 'XXXX'. and 'YYYYY' is just name we use at home. Should i email them indicating this?

Please provide evidence of your English language ability. Please see Appendix A for details on this. ---Me and my spouse have a qualification which was taught in English. Also I have stayed in USA for 3+yrs which is an English speaking country doing my job for which English language is mandatory. I also have sent certified educational transcripts to them. How do I explain this to my CO?
    Don't take me wrong but if your CO has requested these documents/additional information and if you are in two minds, ask them what document in specific would help. My experience was similar and everytime we exchanged email the bottom-line didn't change i.e. CO just wanted some other document as proof than what was already with them. In the end, I just sent them all original documents (including passports which seems to address 2 of your queries above). Though you might have reasons to doubt on how safely the documents will reach INZ but I haven't come across anyone complaining about missing documents as long as these were sent by registered post/courier - many of us have sent it without problems or dire consequences.

For your OH's name change, do you have any official certificate, document or letter from government institution on name change? My wife had change of name, though all documents had her new name, one of her graduation certificate had old name....luckily we had OH's old passport and everything was sorted out.

If your spouse name was 'XXXX', was there any reason that name was not used for police clearance?

Unfortunately, for English language ability you will need more than the reason you have mentioned (refer JandM's post above), I worked in English speaking countries for more than 10 years but just sent IELTS score so that I didnt have to bother much with the process. My wife didn't had to give IELTS but just letter from her university that the course was conducted & completed in English.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Where you have submitted your ITA? I mean which Branch and what is your profession?

Submitted to London, Profession is in I.T.

Hello, avi, and welcome.

well here is the take , many contrys dont accept notary as certified copys but there is some thing as hague convention so if u apostile the notarise copys they are bound to accept them as legal . if you are in usa . get notarisee copys then apostile them . it can be done .

same can be done with passport copys.

this is my idea thats all

as per englis language hey just take ielts let that 100 bucks go its easy anyway and all u need is 6.5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast