Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you eat out?

Question How often do you eat out?

Do you eat out a lot? If not, why not? If you do, how often do you eat out and what's the quality and prices like?

signed,

Mr Nosy

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    Do you eat out a lot? If not, why not? If you do, how often do you eat out and what's the quality and prices like?

signed,

Mr Nosy
    Sounds like you should set up a forum poll for this type of question?

You could check out DineOut or MenuMania for details and links to restaurants in NZ.

Ian

We are eating out ~ twice per week. There are not too many eateries that can cook as good as we do, especially as my wife. In addition, only a few really do vegan meals which for my wife is a prerequisite. Though you can get these meals often on request, too often meals are prefabricated containing non vegan ingredients.

I used to eat out loads when I lived in the UK. Now it's just an occasional treat because we don't have as much money (lower wages, higher cost of living). I find (in a slightly rural part of NZ) that breakfast and lunch meals out in NZ cafes are generally very good, but evening meals at proper restaurants are not so good. There is less choice and variety and service is more casual. Fine dining out of the cities is pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    We are eating out ~ twice per week. There are not too many eateries that can cook as good as we do, especially as my wife. In addition, only a few really do vegan meals which for my wife is a prerequisite. Though you can get these meals often on request, too often meals are prefabricated containing non vegan ingredients.
    Exactly same with us

About once every couple of months and generally when I have a grab one voucher for a cheaper night out.

I like to cook my own meals - I know what goes into them. But I do like a good curry and will happily pay for one (but I tend to wait for the voucher deals so i can get extras).

I didn't eat out much in the UK, maybe once or twice a month at a restaurant but I did get takeaways more often as I was a lazy cook. Now I have more diversity in the kitchen.

I used to eat out several times a week in my first 12-18 months here in Wellington. This was often because I was going to a social event after work and it didn't make sense timewise to go back home, cook, then come back into town. I've found food in Wellington to be good and a lot less expensive to eat out here than in London or Milton Keynes (where I lived before).

Tend not to have the reasonable price that you could get for evening bar meals in the uk, much higher prices, but have had good quality at times when been out with work.

During the day, having kids, I love the food courts in the shopping mall, everyone gets their favorite, for a reasonable price and no arguments...awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    We don't eat out very often. We have two small children and eating out is a little bit too expensive here. When we lived in California we ate out more than we liked because of the convenience and price. I think it depends where you live in NZ as far as quality and prices. My in-laws live in Blenheim and it is quite pricey to get a good quality meal. The cheaper places aren't really worth it. We live in the Nelson region and there are a lot more choices and therefore a bit more variety in quality and choice.
    I don't care where you are in NZ, you can always find good Fish and Chips in a pinch. I've been from the very top to the very bottom and, although we have had some bad ones, you can't beat Fish and Chips in NZ. They are not out of a warmer drawer, not out of the freezer, not made with horrible gross rubbery fish, just fresh and delicious.

We eat out about 1 time every 2 weeks and usually fish n chips or pizza. Have only eaten out 1 time for dinner in last 4 months as we have young kids. Often will grab lunch out when kids are in school and find the local cafes food great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast