Thread: Driving license cost plus other questions

Default Driving license cost plus other questions

Hi everyone, I was having a look at the following page in nzta website about the cost of getting a driving license

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/photo/fees-refunds.html

I wanted to know what other costs do I have to pay, such as the cost i have to pay per hour for a trainer, how many hours do you need if there is something standard? how much time does it take to get a license?

I have another unrelated question which is I got a residence visa for me and my family, I am the primary applicant, can my wife apply for work ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oskanaan View Post
    I wanted to know what other costs do I have to pay, such as the cost i have to pay per hour for a trainer, how many hours do you need if there is something standard? how much time does it take to get a license?
    How to get your driver licence - see here: http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/gett...r-licence.html

The length it takes depends on your personal situation and choice. You don't necessarily need a professional driving instructor; e.g. I taught our daughter (which is not an option where we were from).

Quote Originally Posted by oskanaan View Post
    I have another unrelated question which is I got a residence visa for me and my family, I am the primary applicant, can my wife apply for work ?
    I suggest strongly to open a separate thread on this.

I have another unrelated question which is I got a residence visa for me and my family, I am the primary applicant, can my wife apply for work?
    I presume your wife has a Residence visa in her passport, with the same wording as yours, as you went through the Skilled Migrant scheme? If that's the case, yes, your wife can work, or study, or start a business, or be a housewife, exactly as she wishes.

Thank you for your replies