Thread: Best moving option?

Default Best moving option?

Hi all,

Just trying to work out the best option to move.

Ive given up on the container as i dont have enough stuff and is too much hassle, so im looking at shipping my stuff via normal removals.

Quotes are coming in good but shipping time is 16-20 weeks. Which is a bit long...

Any other options out there?

Im only bringing dvd's, books, wii & ps3, maybe a few other bits.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

There are options for just shipping boxes yourself through a package company. I can't think of any names but maybe do a google search.

I thought about that, was just thinking if something got lost as opposed to sending it all with the same company. hmmm

Surface mail may be an option, or bring it as an additional piece of luggage if your airline has a reasonable fee for additional bags....

Have you checked the freight option? http://www.azfreight.com/azworld/aw21805.cfm
    I have spotted world baggage network for when we will be making the move from France. Maybe someone here knows if there is the equivalent in the UK http://www.bagagesdumonde.com/en/home

We used "Mail Boxes" to ship stuff. It was quite pricey about GBP100 per box, but it was with us within a couple of weeks. Parcel force seemed to get their paperwork right, but a second box sent via DHL had us rushing round completing customs declarations!