Thread: Should I take?

Default Should I take?

I have read that it is hard to get a good selection of cheap ish clothes in NZ, I was wondering should I go shopping before we make the move and stock up on clothes?

Also what about small electricals? Dehumidifier, kettle etc. I will have a limited budget when we arrive so don't want to buy everything but is it cheaper to buy them in NZ or ship them over.

Thank you x

Depends on what you call cheapish - personal favourite ladies shop in NZ is Glassons.

www.glassons.com

The t-shirts and tops are good value and really lovely quality. Look out for the sale.

I brought a few things with me, but I have been buying loads over here. At the moment there are loads of sales on, and it will also give you something to do- going out exploring the local malls and shops!

You need to check the compatibility of electrical items. This old thread may help. http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-32168.html

It's particularly things which give rise to heat and/or movement which may become dangerous, so definitely check the details on the items you mention.

(Incidentally, if you end up shopping for a kettle in NZ, it is likely to be calling itself 'a jug'. )

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need to check the compatibility of electrical items. This old thread may help. http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-32168.html

It's particularly things which give rise to heat and/or movement which may become dangerous, so definitely check the details on the items you mention.

(Incidentally, if you end up shopping for a kettle in NZ, it is likely to be calling itself 'a jug'. )
    Thanks for that!

Thanks for the replies everyone x