Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ driving angers visitors

Default NZ driving angers visitors

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10783288

I couldn't believe this when I read it! I think that NZ has some of the most courteous drivers around! When I lived in London everyone was so angry and arrogant at the wheel. Even worse in other areas of the UK! What does everyone else think?

Default Visitors got upset with NZ driving...

Look at the link: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10783288

Comments or thoughts??

I cn't comment on driving in the UK, only in Germany.., and my opnion is that there are impatient and reckless drsivers here and there. I just came back from a tour to Dunedin, so have two days on the road behind me, and all in all, as usual, it was fine- apart from loads of rental cars on the road :-)) and people in motorhomes who don't look in their back mirror and don't realise that they are twoing around 30 cars behind them because they drive between 80 and 90km/h..
    But in general I don't feel that people drive worse than what I am used to- maybe it is worse in Auckland, though.

...maybe it would be a possibility to merge the two threads?

I think the NZ Herald was having a slow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    ...maybe it would be a possibility to merge the two threads?
    I was just doing it!

I'd say the driving was at times equally as bad in both countries.

I generally find drivers here slower and more corteous than in the US..I am also not having to worry about getting shot at!!!

However I do find it concerning that there are such a large number of head on collisions with bad injuries (see a lot at work) and fatalities.

I find Kiwi drivers to be reasonably courteous and patient (Auckland drivers less so than Christchurch drivers). The thing that makes me crazy was alluded to above: people have little or no awareness of what is happening behind them! This often gets coupled with overly courteous behaviour. Mr Nice Guy grandly stopping to let another car enter whilst causing the cars behind to back up across an intersection, for example.

I think this news was based in Auckland driving conditions where I found that Aklders drivers are quite bad (regardless their race), sorry didn't mean anything...but I am so tired hearing many people keep saying, "Oh bloody Asian drivers", I mean...based on that news, Asian countries were not listed as a dangerous road. Apart from Auckland when I travels outside, it's about all right.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast