Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dental Implants

Dental implants thought may be costly but can help and moreover benefit you in the long term. The cost benefit ratio is good, so if you need it go for it.

OH was quoted 7k for a dental implant this week. I'm still in shock.....

I was quoted about $4k in Welly.

I'm looking into having implants myself, costs vary, I may have to pay more as my gums are not in good shape. (Gulp) Whereabouts in Auckland are you having the implant? I'm near Nelson, we only have one Dentist who does implants apparently, I've been referred from my dentist and am waiting for an appointment. It's good to be able to check out all the options on the web, bit scary though!

This is what I did, planned a trip to Mumbai, enjoyed a short vacation, booked 2 appointments with dentist with 3 days gap. First appointment loose tooth was removed and a titanium screw was fit into the jaw, second appointment a temporary acrylic tooth fitted and couple of stitches removed. The usual process is to give at-least 3 months gap for the jaw to heal and then have a crown fitted on the titanium screw (which could take couple of appointments over 10 days).

Acrylic tooth has been behaving good so far and if there's a emergency then any local dentist can glue it for minimal cost (I was told so). Total cost for implant is roughly about NZ$1000 (with best dentist). Mathematically cost might work almost same but I had the chance to catch up with some long time friends and also enjoy short vacations all along.

Regardless of the choice, I'm glad I got it done and have been taking good care of the way I brush, mouthwash with Savcol and using intra-dental brushes every day.

If it helps and the tooth is not just about to fall off, then try to get a dental cleaning, followed by regular use of Savcol, using soft tooth brush and intra-dental brush - it gave me good relief last year.

Hope that helps for someone!

Immax101: you had dental implants just 2000 !!! How do you think about this new tooth? Is it good? Do they do this job well?
    May I know where u got it? pleasse ! any infomation like website or address or clinic name or doctor's name will be fine!
    Last edited by lisa17; 22nd May 2013 at 10:03 PM.

i was wondering how your 2k implant worked out.. I am currently reviewing several options and would appreciate any personal reviews.
    Also, are you willing to share the name and web site of your dentist. Thank you

Immax101 only posted once, and has not been back on the forum since that one time back in 2013, so is unlikely to see your question.

I came across this http://www.dentalimplantsfriends.com...ntal-tourists/ and thought I'd share it in case someone considers undergoing dental implants treatment at overseas clinics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12