Thread: What does NZ Resident Visa Cover????

Default What does NZ Resident Visa Cover????

I have been granted Resident Visa w/o Job Offer. I want to know that, can i study, do business on this Visa or i must have to do the Job of my SMC category to be eligible for PR ?? Also want to know about the requirement for the PR.

Regards,
    Syed Salman Hashmi

I am sorry..., but I am speechless! You did go through the whole process of applying for residence and have never even thought about finding out what exactly it means to be a resident?

Excuse me if that sounds harsh, I was just, well, amazed .....

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    I am sorry..., but I am speechless! You did go through the whole process of applying for residence and have never even thought about finding out what exactly it means to be a resident?

It makes one also wonder about the interview conducted by INZ generally with those applicants in this category without job (offer)...

This IS a bit surprising.

Anyway...

As long as there are no conditions on your Residence visa (any conditions would be written on the blue sticker in your passport, but you're not likely to have any, since you say you didn't have a job offer as part of your application), then you are free to do whatever you wish in NZ.

Details of the requirements for Permanent Residence are on the INZ website, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm Notice that the points in the top paragraph are all necessary, then you need to fulfil ONE of the five points from the lower part of the page.

Dear Salman,
    Can you share some information regarding your process, when and where you lodge ITA? interview Qs, etc...
    It'll be helpful for me and others too (those are in queue)

regards
    FAISAL

Congrats Syed !!

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post

Well , I am not surprised by this at all . This happens because there are Agents and Advisers selling the concept for living in NZ as a commodity. Mostly happens in Asian countries where the put up ads on Newspapers and banners in city malls and free seminar where they say- pay me X amount and we will get you to NZ.

They do this to get their commission/adviser fee and do not really bother explaining the applicants what it is all about, what visa they are getting and applicants are so ignorant that they think these agents / advisers will get them the best visa and they will just fly in and settle in NZ .

I have seen some people being sent through in student visa and partner of student in NZ -just to get them to NZ and the poor applicants do not have any idea what they are getting into! and mostly they suffer huge financial loss and then retrn back or struggle here in NZ. I hope the Immi NZ rules with registered Agents/advisers will put stop to some of these.

Anyways Syed - atleast you have tried to find out what your visa entitlements are and its the very first step to get off from greedy advisers and agents and think about your move, so congrats on your visa -Please check what type of visa you have and if any conditions associated with it.
    JandM has pointed you to PR process . Do read them.
    I will point you to what your entitlements are (see Links below):
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...re/default.htm
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tedtellmemore/

You nailed it well. But vary country to country and I suspect mostly from India or similiar countries. People from UK or Europe do use agents and they are full aware what they are getting into before entrying into agreement.