Thread: Sons UK passport runs out in March...

Default Sons UK passport runs out in March...

Any one ever renewed a UK passport while living here?
    We have been here 4 years and my 12 year-old sons passport runs out in March.
    How do I go about renewing it as we need to be here 5 years to get an NZ one.
    Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
    G

We renewed a few years ago, but seems thing have changed.

Check out the FCO site for info.
    I remember it cost a lot. That's one thing that hasn't changed by the look of it.

Nick.

There is a sign in my local post office that they do it there. Maybe check that out?

They do do it at the post office, but you download and complete the form, then take to the post office who sort if and charge you then send it on. It comes back from overseas- I'm just doing mine ... lots of money

Hmm.. DD's UK passport will run out later this year. I think we'll just leave it - she still has a valid NZ one to work with, thankfully!

Yes, I wouldn't bother as I become eligible for citizenship in April but I am going to see my ma for Easter (in Oz), so I reckon I'll be needing one! Shame though because a Kiwi one, though only lasting 5 years, is half the cost and also would prevent need to get NZ and Oz PR stickers transferred so it's all turning out to be a very expensive trip for me!

I just posted something about that recently, you just go to the post office with the forms (downloadable from the High Commission in Wellington site). Pay lots of money, and wait. Mine took 7 days from applying at the post office to having them returned. Very easy and quick.

I was checking this out recently as we're going back to the UK in June and my UK passport runs out in December.

It was going to cost me $340 ish to get a (10 yr) British passport or $150 for a (5 yr) NZ one (got my citizenship last year).

I'm going to go with the NZ one as it will be more useful to me (not planning on any trips to Europe but more likely Oz), but it seemed pretty simple to get a new UK one. I googled UK passport and NZ and it directed me to a website with info on how to go about it.

And that reminds me I should dig out the form I printed off so I could get on to applying for my passport...

Thanks to all for the info... :-}

Cheers
    G

I thought of holding on too but am worried incase need to make an emergancy trip to Canada or UK would be stuck!