Thread: Car Hire

Default Car Hire

Does anyone know of a reasonable Car Hire Company in Auckland?

Thanks
    carol

Depends on what you mean by reasonable.

Rent a dent and their ilk seem cheap but their cars can be rubbish - not pleasant to drive and of questionable safety.

Hertz and the other top tier companies normally have cars which are less than a year old and NZ new (so you're not driving something which may have been cut & shut in Japan previously). At this time of the year rates shouldn't be that high either, especially for a reasonable hire. Try haggling for their 'best rate'.

We used Smart cars in Auckland. Very pleasant, helpful and reasonable rates for a less than 2 years old Nissan, which we hired for a month.

www.smartcars.co.nz if it helps.

Before we went I google searched and did all enquiries via email, easy peezy.

I preferred this company to rent-a-wreck.

Deborah

Do Smartcars do anything other than luxury models? The cheapest rate appears to be for a VW Beetle at $129 a day.

By comparison Hertz have a Mazda 6 for $51 a day (for a week's hire) and a Ford Territory 4WD for $76. This drops to $39 a day and $62 a day respectively if you hire for a month.

Yes we hired a Nissan Pulsar 5 door hatch ( looks like the almeira/toyota Yaris) and they had loads of similar size cars outside. It was $45-50 a day but we liked the fact it was new and we were going to be doing a lot of mileage.

I 'borrowed' the note pad and pen from the glove box and it's sitting on my desk, so I know the company address is correct.

I have a feeling the non luxury rentals were under another name, but some idjeet wiped my mailbox and I can't find the receipt sorry.

Try mailing them and asking, meanwhile I'll keep looking for any clues and let you know.
    Deborah

We used http://www.a2brentals.co.nz/ for a 3 week hire and it was about $30 a day for a decent if old nissan saloon.

Wasnt quick or luxurious but mechanicaly sound and they were a decent company to deal with.

Only thing is we asked for a manual and ended up with an auto.

how about this?
    http://www.ginz.com/new_zealand/rent...tz_New_Zealand

ooooppppsss sorry double click