Thread: Human-Computer interaction

Default Human-Computer interaction

Hello, I'm considering moving to New Zealand in a couple of years. Lets say about 5 years or so. I was wondering how hard would it be to find something in the area of human-computer interaction? I have a masters degree (level 9) in HCI (think about: artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces, speech recognition, augmented/virtual reality etc.), as this is quite a specialized field I'm not sure where to start looking. The only option i found thus far is doing a Phd at the Hitlab in Chch (www.hitlabnz.org), which would be quite a good options as I'm very fond of the Christchurch area ever since my backpacking tour a few years back. But are there other possible jobs/places I could look? (I know that in 5 years or so a lot can change, but I'm very curious )

A couple of companies in NZ off the top of my head:

www.nextwindow.com - touch screen manufacturer, acquired by world's largest interactive whiteboard company: SMART Technologies (www.smarttech.com)

Unlimited Realities (http://www.unlimitedrealities.com/) and it's company FingerTapps - doing some good stuff with interactive software and touch.

Thanks a lot Vicked, these are exactly the kind of companies I'm looking for! Hopefully they'll prove useful once I decide to make the move