Thread: narrowing it down in Tauranga

Smile narrowing it down in Tauranga

Hi all

We've decided (like so many others), that Tauranga is the place for us. Just need to get a better idea of where exactly as it all looks so nice. My job is and the kids school is Tauranga South and I don't want to have to commute for more than 1/2 hour to get into work (over here I drive for 50 minutes each way!).

We dream of being a short stroll from water - ocean, river, estuary - and living in a welcoming family friendly community. If we can have that and a great house with views then the dream can come true. I've heard great things about Papamoa, Mount Manganui and Bethlehem but wonder what opinion people have about other areas - Omokoroa, Matua, Bellvue, Otumoetai.

Advice much appreciated!

Suze

It sort of depends what you mean by Tauranga South as to travelling distances. Though no where is that far away really around there.

We love Omokoroa and there, as well as Te Puna would be top of our list. Other areas the agent showed us whilst we were out there that are nice and you get more for your money, Oropi and Pyes Pa.

There is a lot of new development in Omokoroa - Lynley Park - with lots of really nice sections for sale.

Personally whilst intially liking Bethlehem, having spend some time touring around it is quite built up there, and our preference will be for somewhere not so built up. Welcome Bay seems reasonably priced, we rented a house there when we were over on holiday, but again a bit too built up for us.

We have contact with a really good estate agent based in Bethlehem, happy to share details if you want them. His family are from the UK and they emigrated over in Sept 2010 so he understands about the process as well as personal experience and has been really helpful to us.

Hope this is helpful

thanks so much for your response, I'd be really grateful for the contact details for your agent. cheers Suzanne