Thread: Abnormal findings in Medical....???

Unhappy Abnormal findings in Medical....???

Hello,
    Today I received an email from my case officer and he had asked me to provide new blood test report before further assessment. The mail was as follows:-

"Due to abnormal findings on your medical certificate we are required to refer this to our medical assessor for review. Before we do this you need to submit new blood test for your lipids. If these are again elevated then you need to submit a GP report in regards to diagnosis, treatment and prognosis."

I am really worried to know this. Is it going to affect my case as it is mentioned that my medical certificate will be reviewed by medical assessor?

Cheers!!

It is part of normal procedure that any abnormal finding in the medical will be looked over by a Medical Assessor. The point is that they don't accept someone whose medical care is likely to cost the NZ Health Service more than $25,000, so they have to check why a reading is showing as elevated, what treatment is recommended, and the likely outcome - it's these answers they want from your GP.

The best thing to do is to see you GP straight away and start following any necessary advice and/or treatment. That way, when the next tests come back, even if they are still elevated and there is some medical condition (not just a glitch in the testing), the GP will be able to say in their letter what they think the problem may be, and that treatment has started, with such-and-such results, so he can predict so-and-so. This will save you time.

Hi JandM,

Thanks a bunch for your guidance!

Well, my blood test and others are fine. But my wife one came with minor out of range and some of them are just in dots. But panel Dr. Marked it significate which is bit harsh, we think. Now we are waiting for INZ to give their wordicate. On the other hand, we are going to see our GP for advice.

it is not harsh, its what they are supposed to do.These doctors are requested by INZ to highlight results that are not within range even
    though its nothing. When ours were done my husband has an abnormal liver function test, which the doctor said is really nothing. However he still had to highlight it. Our medicals have since been cleared as ok and we are now awaiting our approval.

Hi my names Davie im in the process of immigrating to New Zealand with a talent Visa for me and my family however our medicals have been reffered to the MA for slightly high ALT for me (60) and slightly high BMI for me and my wife can anyone help on the timescales as im on a tight schedule during the intial assesment the doctor stated there was no need for any referrals for more tests

I've just answered you on your other thread. Also, I'm afraid it's not the examining doctor's final word that counts - the MA has final rights to pronounce on this, and what your wants are for timing don't actually carry weight against the absolute requirement that medicals have to pass.

So does it mean if there is a little deviation in any readings even if this normal can affect the application or let the CO refer to Medical assessor? so i get a flu i shouldn't go to the doctor unless i get well