Thread: Commuting Times Starship Hospital

Default Commuting Times Starship Hospital

Hello All

We are really getting down to the nity-grity of moving to NZ now.

Having jobs at Auckland's Starship hospital and a wish to buy a house in Titirangi or certainly around that area, can anyone confirm for us the commuting times?

We have used the AA route finder but will be travelling off peak times as we will be doing 12 hour shifts. Is this a workable distance?

We would love to hear from anyone working at Starship as we are both nervous and excited about working here, start work 2nd April!!!

Many Thanks, Zac and Tiff

Titirangi to the CBD is very driveable. I can't help you with timings, because I've never been in the position of needing to notice how long it took.

Both my Titirangi-living grandchildren have been taken to the Starship urgently at different times, and had tip-top care, so I wish you well, as well as hoping you won't be meeting them.

In the morning it takes me 50 minutes in rush hour to get from Kaurilands (Titirangi Foothills) to Newmarket, in the afternoon I travel before rush hour and then it takes me 20 minutes the other way around.

Thank you for your replies. It is really good to get these things straightened out before we commit

PS I am doing this vital research while my husband is complaining about polishing my walking boots - all these things are for the same cause, at least that is what I am telling him!

Off now to research houses for sale, such a hard life...