Thread: UK plug adaptors?

Default UK plug adaptors?

This may have been asked before, I haven't done a full search yet. I know there are some great threads that have given us excellent information about electricity in NZ, and they are so helpful! However, we did have one question; my mother-in-law spent some time in England recently. She has a few plug adapters that she used over there for her electronics. She has offered to give them to us to use in NZ - are they the same as the NZ ones, or would we need to buy new ones? Unfortunately I am not currently at home to look at them to see what they look like or what they say, but I thought since so many of you have moved from the UK to NZ you might know.

Thanks!

You'll need different adapter for New Zealand.

Also, NZ uses 240 volts, so you'll need a transformer if you plan to bring any 120 volt appliances.

Hmmm, that's what I thought, but she was pretty convinced, haha. We're not bringing any appliances with us - biggest things will be our computers and a Wii, which all should work just fine with adapters/different cables. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Here's a UK electrical plug. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=uk+...1t:429,r:5,s:0

And here's NZ one. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=nz+...:0&tx=59&ty=84

As you can see, they're not the same.

Yup, I plan on just buying some online while we're still in the states. I wasn't sure moreso on the voltage, so I thought I'd just ask.