Thread: ITA received today. Have to submit in 3 weeks b/c of birthday. What can I do?

Default ITA received today. Have to submit in 3 weeks b/c of birthday. What can I do?

Hello forum friends.
    We got our EOI selected last week and today we have received our ITA from London branch. With the ITA came a document that stated that I should apply before I turn 30 (in about 3 weeks) or my points could drop from 125 to 120 (the EOI selections were for 125 + 15 for bonus experience) so I could be left out because I would not be able to reach the 125 points.

I'm pretty much certain that I will not be able to get the documents ready in 3 weeks, because NZQA takes about 20 working days to process your IQA (that is with Fast track, normal time is 35 days) and getting the docs there would take 4 or 5 days. Anyway, I will start the process but what will happen if I don't submit before my birthday? Will they send my EOI back to the pool? Can I submit another EOI when I turn 30?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Not too sure as I didn't read or hear about application going back to EOI pool after ITA is issued, so most likely (its just my assumption) CO will go forward with your application but total points stand as on the day of ITA submission. I'm just speculating on this one.

Can't you submit with whatever documents you have ready and an explanatory letter why the NZQA report is missing?

I was missing 2 documents at the the time I submitted but at the day ITA expired, I was still waiting for these papers so I had no other choice than to submit without them and enclose a letter explaining why.

It turned out well. If you're not sure, get in touch with INZ and ask for an extension. In my experience they're quite helpful and understanding.

In my opinion, you just lost 5 points (if you submit you ITA after 3 weeks), calculate your points again bcoz it may effect your ITA result. No need to resubmit the EOI or anything else
    I submit my docs to NZQA in Jul 2011 (in normal track), and they took 2 calendar months to issue NZQA certificate

Thank you for your replies. I will speak with them and see what options they give me.