Thread: NZ home appliance stores

Default NZ home appliance stores

Hi Folks,

We are trying to decide whether to bring our fridge, cooker, washing-machine over to NZ or whether to re-buy them when we arrive in NZ. Obviously the main decision maker for us will be whether it's cheaper to buy them in NZ or whether it's cheaper to ship them.

So I was wondering if there are any home appliance stores in NZ where I can check prices either for new or 2nd-hand stuff like cookers, washing machines etc?

Does anyone know of any good sites which I can check or have any experience on this type of question?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

trade me

Quote Originally Posted by starkhorn
    Hi Folks,

We are trying to decide whether to bring our fridge, cooker, washing-machine over to NZ or whether to re-buy them when we arrive in NZ. Obviously the main decision maker for us will be whether it's cheaper to buy them in NZ or whether it's cheaper to ship them.

So I was wondering if there are any home appliance stores in NZ where I can check prices either for new or 2nd-hand stuff like cookers, washing machines etc?

Does anyone know of any good sites which I can check or have any experience on this type of question?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Starkhorn
    Hi Starkhorn,

I don't know where you will be heading in NZ, but if you're settling in Auckland, you can have a look at The Appliance Shed. They're located in Papatoetoe South Auckland and are a factory outlet that sell nearly new items with a few dents and scratches (normal shops can't put them up for sale cos of that). We bought a few things from them and were happy considering the reduced price

Jen

Here are a couple of links to some NZ High Street electrical stores.

http://www.bondandbond.co.nz/

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...atalogId=10001

and http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/Homepage.aspx

and http://www.newbolds.co.nz/ but they seem to have a site prob at the mo.

Deborah

Hi Folks,

Many thanks for the swift responses....some very useful links indeed. The Appliance Shed sounds like a nice place to know as we'll probably end up in Auckland. As long as the goods are clean then a few dents wouldn't bother me too much.

If anyone has other useful links then I'd much appreciated. The more info, the better so that we can decide whether it's worth paying the 3k-4k quid to ship everything over or buy when we get there.

Many thanks once again.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

Hey Starkhorn,

I almost forgot, there are 2 branches of Appliance Shed, one in Papatoetoe South Auckland and another one on the North Shore in Glenfield. They don't actually have a website but they advertise quite a bit (I saw an ad for them on the Herald last week)

The goods are actually in good condition and unused, minus a few dents and scratches. They just get them there cos the goods aren't considered in perfect condition to be dispatched to other shops and sold at full price.

We bout a good rice cooker/steamer there at 50% discount (there are 2 dents on the main pot) and a sandwich maker at about 40% discount.

You can also check out the Appliance Bazaar in East Tamaki South Auck (I saw a post on this forum about it last December I think). They also sell pretty good small appliances like rice cookers, steamers, coffee machines, vaccum cleaners ect. Their stuff is either near new (as in dents and stuff) or second hand with a 6 month warranty on them, their condition is stated on the box. Their cookers are really old fashionned so I wouldn't get one from there The owner is a very friendly guy too.

Jen