Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: laser eye surgery

Default laser eye surgery

I would like to hear from anyone who has had laser eye surgery.

Did you think it worked?

Was it worth the money and pain?

Regards

My sister had it done here in the Netherlands a few months back. She found it all very straight forward and worth every penny. No idea what the costs are in NZ.

Ingrid

Interesting

I'ved been wavering over this, heard a couple of bad reports and that's put me off.

I think I read on here glasses are pretty expensive in NZ, I think they are here too but thought about having this done as it would be the equivelant to buying glasses for the next 2-3 years.

Look forward to seeing if anyone else has had it done.

Deborah

I had it done last year in the US and so far its been great! No problems what so ever and I now have better than 20/20!

Radke

May I ask the cost in the US.

(Please tell me to go away if you would prefer not to).

Thanks

Deborah

$3425 USD for both eyes. Thats with a 10% discount from my health care provider. I did a lot of research on this one... the company that I chose was a little on the pricey side but I think it was worth every penny. Its not worth it to settle for anything less than the best with something like this.

My Wife Wendy had this done approx 6 months ago and would not look back. There were different levels of treatment, I told her to go for the very best treatment available which is called 'Wavefront'. It was £1500 per eye, but as eyes are a delicate part of the body it was worth it. The operation lasts around 2mins per eye, yes only 2mins. There was no real pain after the op, it felt like there was sand in her eyes more discomfort than pain, this lasted for around 24hrs and couldn't drive for a week.

If you need anymore info please ask and I will get my wife to help you.

Not to scare anyone - but have any studies been done on the long term effects of laser eye surgery considering it was first developed about 15-20 years ago.

The idea of cutting a flap in my eyes doesn't fill me with confidence.

Rgds.,
    Nick.

I would just like to hear your views.

I asked a couple weeks ago about laser surgery. Well I have just come back from my second visit and although he was willing to go ahead he could not guarantee my eyesight would be 100% and I might still needs glasses for reading sometimes.

He suggested that I try contact lenses for a few months. Mono ones like the surgery would be. I said I had never considered contacts because of putting them in. He then went on to say that he could offer me a service one a months supply and fit new contact at a cost of $60 a time. This has made me think I might as well have contacts.

The surgery could be about $5500 which I would be prepared to pay if it was guaranteed to work.

How difficult is it to get used to contact?

What is the monthly cost?

Can't say what the monthly cost would be in NZ but contacts are realy easy to get the hang off. Make sure they fully explain the cleaning, storage and how to put them in the right way around and in a week you'll be wandering what you were worried about.
    Debbie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast