Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nits!

Apparently the olive oil suffocates the little blighters! (and conditions hair perfectly while you are at it).

Wet combing with conditioner is definately the best way. Gets the eggs out.

Thank god people are turning away from the chemicals - expensive and I never saw it work succesfully for my customers.

It's a mare when you check your kids in the morning,and then they return full of them in the evening. Lice buster is quite good. It's about $7.75, and contains no chemicals just things like ,birch,nettle,horsetail, chamomile. It's a solution which you comb through, and it gets ther eggs really well by loosening the glue.
    Tried the oil one, and "shone" for a couple of day's afterwards .

Good luck with the busting of those little critters.
    chips

My daughter has quite long hair, so I check her quite regularly. What bugs me is why the other mums dont? It just causes a massive knock on effect.

I am itching just talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jan
    My daughter has quite long hair, so I check her quite regularly. What bugs me is why the other mums dont? It just causes a massive knock on effect.

TOTALLY AGREE!!

My daughter has got really thick, long hair, so they are a night mare when she has had them in the past. The best way I find to deal with this, is we have been in a routine now for a couple of years, and have been nit FREE by........ when ever I wash her hair, I just go through it with the 'nit comb', whilst coming her hair through. Definately better to prevent them making my daughters head their home, than trying to get rid of them.

Oh how disappointing, I thought by the title of this thread you were talking about estate agents again! :mrgreen:

Gil

I believe that in NZ the problem of nits is at its greatest in Wellington - apparently nits are always more prevalent in a beehive

Olive oil on your head, Iíve never heard of that one before!
    When I was a kid it was just a case of nit season, time for hair off, wouldnít have been so bad if we hadnít all had such big flipin ears

Olive oil better idea

Bob

It's certainly a better option than some of the "shampoos" around at the moment - only word for them are poisons.
    I'd rather Not be using them on my six year old!

Doyou know - I even know of one mother who proudly tells everyone she douses her child's hair in Kerosene when she gets nits.

*gulp*

Cant believe what some people do to their kids!

Sorry I couldnít help laughing, please tell me she doesnít dry the poor kids hair in front of the wood burner OMG, Iíd go for the shaved head any time!

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast