Thread: Is there any hope out there for us to make things better?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is there any hope out there for us to make things better?

We live in Tauranga and have been here for two years in June. We have just found out our savings have been stolen by a family member. Anyway, to cut a long story short we are now looking into moving to Australia. The only thing is my O/H is 54 this year. I love it here, but we can't survive now with no savings. Not alot of choice really, so do you guys know much about the Employers nomination scheme. A friend in work said you can still get a job in Oz if the employer sponsors you. Is this true?
    We need to earn money, more than we can earn here. So, is there an option? I did the online assessment, but it asked me if I have worked in the trade over the last two years, and I haven't so it came back unsuccessful. I am 46 and a Painter & Decorator, but whilst I have been in New Zealand I have worked as a support worker.
    Any advice anyone, would be most grateful.
    When your over 50 is there hope, I hope there is. We could do with a bit of something going our way, we are willing to uproot again.

Thanks guys
    Helen
    Last edited by pitkennedy; 19th February 2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: delete some words