Thread: Essential Skills to Permanent Residence

Default Essential Skills to Permanent Residence

Hello Everyone

We had a call from our CO today, there's a glitch affecting my WTR application . The Employers Accreditation for WTR has expired, they reapplied to renew in January, but approval may not be granted until April. On the plus side, they have had their Accreditation renewed 8 years on the trot.

Our CO has said he will chase up the WTR Accreditation progress back in NZ, but he can grant me an Essential skills visa now based on all the info we submitted with my Application. My new employer wants me to start work in early May, so waiting until April might not be ideal.

What is the best route to Permanent Residence if I opt for an Essential Skills visa? I looked at the INZ website, but it's not that clear.

All info gladly received,

Stuart

Have a look at the points finder for Skilled Migrant. It sounds as though you may well be eligible for Residence with what you already have, especially when once you are in NZ and working, and can claim the extra points for that.

Thanks JandM, the points calculator says 155 points which is great. I heard back from my future employer today, they have been advised by INZ Business branch that their Accreditation should be renewed by the end of the week. Hopefully have WTR next week

Hope so - all the best.

All the best Stuart

Hot off the press... Just had an email from Auckland, my new employer has received their Employer Accreditation for WTR, forwarded news to our CO at INZ Dubai. Fingers crossed we'll have our visas by the end of next week

Good news! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yay....Congrats !!!