Thread: WTR Processing Time

Default WTR Processing Time

Dear All,

I have been offered a job from one of the leading IT consultancies in New Zealand and they would want me to start by mid-May.

I will be applying for Work to residence - Talent (Accredited Employers) as the employer is already on the accredited employer's list.

Anyone know how long the visa process (work to residence - talent category) takes?

Thanks in advance,

Karthik.

Google 'NZ immigration (whatever) branch processing times', and you'll find their page telling you how things are running for them at the moment on average. But do remember, they have a procedure to go through, and timings are subject to hold-ups if they come across a problem on your case - it's never a promise.

London Branch mentions 5 working days to process WTR on their info section. Don't forget to allow for getting your medicals & X-rays, plus your police checks, as you need all this info to accompany your application. Alot of paperwork, but definitely worth the effort.

Good Luck,
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by karthik2kn View Post
    Dear All,

I have been offered a job from one of the leading IT consultancies in New Zealand and they would want me to start by mid-May.

Karthik.
    You did searching for the job using any agent or just by yourself using available resources like job search web sites?

Two years ago the London branch processed our Talent visa application (with work visa for me and student visa for my child) over the weekend, I think it arrived on a Thursday and we got it back on the Tuesday, so the application was basically processed as soon as it arrived in London.

We had UK police checks done in January this year, and they took 16 days including posting standard delivery to and from New Zealand.

Best wishes with the preparation. The application is fairly straightforward for the talent visa, you just need to make sure you have all the relevant paperwork.

I just did it by myself going through the job portals. It takes some time to get the right one. The important thing is being patience and keep checking and applying for jobs on a regualr basis and hope something will work out. It took me almost 3-4 months to get the right job. Also, it depends on what's the demand for your profile in NZ.