Thread: Looking for 2 bedroom place in wellington

Default Looking for 2 bedroom place in wellington

Hi all! I'm looking for a long term rental (1 year lease to be renewed). 2-3 bedrooms. In either Kelburn, Island bay, or suburbs near Wellington central.

We are expecting pets to join me and my Hubby end of 2012.

Thanks!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Will keep an eye out but the best place to look is Trade Me http://www.trademe.co.nz/property

Considering you are bringing pets, you will probably need to meet the landlords to create a good impression because many don't allow pets. It's not impossible to find one that will (we have a dog and our friends have two cats) but it is tricky.

Good luck.

Thanks Manks! You are right about the pets!

We went to view a place in Island bay today and though the landlord mentioned no pets over the phone, he likes us enough to willing to consider after meeting us

That's exactly what we did. We are in Island Bay too. Our landlady even said to us while we were viewing that they didn't want pets. But we struck up a good rapport with them quickly and when we mentioned we had a dog, they changed from "no animals" to "no cats"!

If you do move to Island Bay, there's a great dog park half way up Murchison Street. We live very close to this so it's great that it's walkable for us. We also have a great track just above the park that is great for a quick morning stroll.

I do love Island Bay and thoroughly recommend it as a place to live

Thanks Manks!

We saw a flat at Miramar and loved it! Most likely going with this one! Fingers crossed!

My one gripe about Miramar is the lack of places to walk dogs. Most of the green area in Miramar is sports/playing fields and therefore no dogs. There's apaprently a great walking track along the hilltop at Maupuia but we looked around Miramar first and the lack of dog walking made it a no no for us. Really like it as a place though. Good luck with whatever you decide

Thanks ALOT! Am still waiting for the landlord's reply we picked this one coz of the rent and that it is a really decent place. We liked it here in Miramar coz most of my friends are in this suburb, the roxy cinema is really pretty and the food here is good. Maybe will try the Maupia walking track! I went up there via car to visit a friend and the view is just breath taking!

Am still looking out for a place! If anyone knows of any rentals let me know! thanks!