Thread: any openings for "System Engineering"

Default any openings for "System Engineering"

Hi,

I am currently on a visit VISA in Auckland for job hunting. If anyone comes across about IT Infrastructure "System Engineering" opportunity, please ping me.

I met some head-hunters and I got response that they cannot entertain candidate under visit VISA chances are very slim.

Currently I am in the process of applying SMC and I am expecting to get some job to support my SMC application.
    All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
    Lioncity

ZombieDraxx Guest

I'll tell you my situation.

My wife and I sold everything we had come over to NZ on a working holiday visa after a year of unsuccesful attemps at gaining employment from overseas. We were told it's virtually impossible to do it that way anyhow.

We figured I'm highly employable and I've never had a problem getting interviews and being offered employment in the States with my IT know how and experience.

We've now been in the country around 215 days and found the only employment I can get is work through a temp agency. I've gotten probably 30 or so interviews but no offers of employment. The feed back I get is that I'm great and I'm exactly what they need but since I'm only on a working holiday visa it means I can't immediately accept any offer of employment unless it's temporary or fixed-term until the end of my work visa.

The problem is I can't get a work visa without a job offer and I can't get a job offer because I don't have a work visa.

Employers in New Zealand (at least the Wellington Region) will not give you an offer of employment unless you are able to start immediately. They will not wait for you no matter the circumstance.

My only hope is with the company I'm at currently recognizing my abilities and offering me employment on a permanent basis or 24 month fixed-term basis. It's promising as I have support from the IT department, and the managers of other departments I've been deeply involved with. I've hit a roadblock however as each one of them has gone to the Deputy Director that makes the final decision about staffing to get me an offer of employment so that I can stay in this country and so I can stay with the company because they desperately need my skills in IT to get them up-to-date but she doens't understand the need and won't offer me permanent employment but she's willing to offer me a 12 month contract.

She does this depsite the fact that I cannot accept anything less than a 24 month contract in order to fufill my requirements for a work visa...

I'm stil hopeful that someone will be able to make her understand the dire need in the company and that I want to stay and help the company but can't unless I get a permanent job offer or 24 month contract. Everyone seems to be able to see that there is AT LEAST 24 months of work to get them on track except for her.

For some reason unknown to me there is no CTO(CIO) in this company. So for some reason the final decisions around IT staffing and resourcing falls on the Deputy Director that knows nothing of IT or the ICT needs of the company...

Pray for me, if not I'll be heading back to the States in July...