Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IQA assessed as Level 6

Default IQA assessed as Level 6

Hi Guys,

I need your help. I was a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science but my IQA was assessed as Level 6 only instead of 7 . How can I obtain level 7? And I need your help on how to apply for IQA re-assessment. I can't find the option in NZQA website.

Thank you in advance.

could you please tell me what is the length of your bachelor degree. and did you provide them all the relevant information i.e comple course curriculam of your bachelor degree.

Yes you can re-asses your qualification. but you have to pay fee for this purpose. Contact NZQA immediately.

However when you apply IQA and when you got your reasult. I am on the same boat waiting for my IQA result because everything depend on this

I appreciate your reply. Yes, I've provided everything(curriculum, bachelor degree copy, passport, employment certificates). I am on the stage of asking NZQA to review my qualifications.

I've submitted my IQA on December and got the result last week.

3 years bachelors degree = Level 6
    4 years bachelor degree = Level 7

I got my assessment as level 7 graduate diploma in IT. But INZ not accept it. They need Level 7 Bachelor degree. For me also no further option.
    Last edited by Hemantha; 1st March 2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Add something

Quote Originally Posted by rizjunior View Post
    3 years bachelors degree = Level 6
    4 years bachelor degree = Level 7
    NZQA quoted that they've assessed my qualifications as four years since it's a Bachelor Degree but they've only rated my level as 6. Do you have any idea what can I do to be assess as level 7?

From what other people have said, you need to ask them to look again at the details of your course, in comparison with what would be on the curriculum of a similar level course from a NZ institution.

4 years degree should have 360 credit hours (if I remember correctly and I think I do), check your degree and transcripts and if it is 4 years with 360 credit hours, ask for a review. You need to provide NZQA with full transcripts and if possible syllabus as well. Make sure you provide them qualifications prior to degree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesia_ven View Post
    NZQA quoted that they've assessed my qualifications as four years since it's a Bachelor Degree but they've only rated my level as 6. Do you have any idea what can I do to be assess as level 7?

It depends on the profession you claim points for, if requirement is level 7 bachelors degree, it has to be a degree (not diploma). There are some categories where they ask for diploma so it comes to what category you are applying under.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemantha View Post
    I got my assessment as level 7 graduate diploma in IT. But INZ not accept it. They need Level 7 Bachelor degree. For me also no further option.

Thank you all for your feedback. I am now in the process of re-sending my qualification for review. And I will then again provide all the documents. Hope and pray that it will be in my favor this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast