Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

Default Anyone know a "easy" way to process adhoc credit card payments.

Hey everyone.

For our wine company, people have requested to pay by credit card. But the volume we are currently moving does not justify a EFTPOS machine and having looked at PAYPAL, I can not see a way to process credit card payments as a merchant.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I used to run a small online business here in the UK and there was no problem accepting credit card payments through PayPal. Not sure why you can't do that, because I know the NZ PayPal site allows businesses to accept credit card payments. Or maybe you did not mean online payments, in which case, I've no idea, sorry.

We had a wine club meeting this week were we presented our wines and they produced an order form for us. I am now in possesion of a dozen or so credit card details for wine people would like to buy. But I have no easy way of processing it. I would of though Paypal would be the way to go, but I can not see how they accept (if they do) CC payments my me directly inputing the buyers details.

I tried my bank and they wanted to sign me up their merchant services, which is to expensive in relation to the volume we will be processing.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah, right. If you have a PayPal Business Account you could send invoices to those people, asking them to fill in their payment details. That would work if you have their e-mail addresses - would that be a possibility?

Some local ePayment providers at bottom of page, might be of use

https://www.paymark.co.nz/partners

Simon

I have been assisting OH with her website work since past 5 years through paypal, that seems to be very safe & reliable. Though they do have some amount restriction but that can be sorted out as well. Let me know and I can send you one sample payment webpage/template we use.

Just been through all the payment clearing companies and it's amazing. You can't do this. I suppose it's meant to be a bit difficult to stop fraud, but jeez it's expensive to have a merchant account up and running.

I think we have a way out. I have just setup a "virtual" store on our Facebook page linked to a paypal account. So I should be able to enter the details through this.

https://www.facebook.com/Eurekawines...p_135607783795

I'll let you know the result!

Have you looked into Square? http://squareup.com

I use them for my small biz in USA, and they appear to also service NZ/AUS from preliminary searches.

Hope this helps!

The threads a bit old but you could not 'legitimately' use this in NZ anyway as it doesn't do chip transactions which was a requirement brought in for the Rugby World Cup. You could possibly get the payments processed in another country.

Simon

Square, like PayPal, does their transactions in the US, I believe. I think the main difference between them is that PayPal money stays in your account, while Square will send the money to your verified bank account. Costs are different, 2.75% on swiped cards for Square. 2.9% + .30$US per transaction for PayPal.

Whether or not it's a "legitimate" transaction? I'd compare it to any online purchase, personally. But that's neither here nor there, since I thought it said 2013 instead of 2012 when I replied. Good catch, Simon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast