Thread: OH leaving for Auckland in 2 days!

Default OH leaving for Auckland in 2 days!

So we got our Passports back last week with the visas intact and OH has booked his flight to Auckland - he flies from Heathrow in 2 days' time. Not really feeling like celebrating as it means the boys and I won't see him for over 3 months, but it's the best way to do things, I know. And Skype is a wonderful thing.

Of course I'm now starting to worry about whether or not the house will sell quickly and whether we're doing the right thing at all, but I know it's normal to be having feelings of apprehension at this stage in the game. It's not helped that we've had some tragic news about one of my 6 month old twin nieces and now I'm feeling very guilty that I won't be around to support my little brother at a very very sad time.

All a bit of an anti-climax I guess, but I suppose that's normal after the adrenaline high we've been living on recently. Once I get the house on the market at least things can get moving and I'll feel that we have a timescale to work to again.

Sorry for such a down sounding post - things will be looking up again soon I'm sure - all part of the greater plan

Sympathies, and good luck to your OH.

I am sorry to hear your news, and I do hope that things work out for the best.

All the best and I am very sorry that you had bad news.

Sorry to hear you have had bad news. Good luck with your OH's new adventure and Skype is just brilliant!!

I'm so sorry about your niece.
    We did a similar period of time without my husband and it can be very difficult. I think it's pretty normal to suddenly feel overwhelmed by it all. Venting and giving voice to it is good. You are not alone.

Sorry to hear about the bad news and hope time will heal it all....All the best for new beginnings ahead.!