Thread: Initial Assessment

Unhappy Initial Assessment

Sorry for asking this question -if there is any existing similar questions in case I did not find when I did search for them- though I did not see any.

Per my CO she would finish my initial assessment within 2 weeks and it is 3rd week already and I do not mind the additional few days. But the thing is - I just contacted my current employer's HR person - I gave her contact as the contact person in my current employer in my EOI- she said she did not receive any such inquiry.

My understanding is that the so called initial assessment (First Tier assessment as said so in Immigration Guide) should include verification of education & employment claims.

Not sure how disciplined the INZ is i.e. they do what they say within promised time frame.

I think I am being too impatient....

Initial assessment can start anywhere, at least that's what I have read from people posting their experiences here. Just relax & enjoy the good things in life, I think your application has been going through unusually fast process Probably it'd be worth asking you CO if she has any update.

Thanks for the comment Sun777. I will wait for 1 more week and see if I get any update or will call her then.

one thing I have learnt in this processs.......you need patience....LOTS OF IT. Am also waiting for quality checks to be made on my application. It was supposed to take up to 2 weeks, am in the forth week! #still smiling!

Yupe. I am now learning how to be patient and I think I have made some progress on this since I submitted my EOI.