Thread: Need help... application got rejected

Default Need help... application got rejected

Hi All,

I have included my partner in my EOI application. My EOI got approved and my partner and I went about applying for residency. We went through gathering all the necessary docs to that we are a legitimate couple (pictures, emails, phone bills, joint account, etc) unfortunately the only one that we do not have is the "living together for 12 months" portion. We live in a country which is impossible to rent or own an apartment unless we are married. That alone is a huge prob.

The immigration office got back to us and informed us that my application was approved however my partner's was declined on the basis that we did not fulfill the 12 months requirements. She mention that we can appeal this decision and plea out case. We sat down and discuss and opted for that route as the immigration officer mention that although we have appealed, it will not affect my option in proceeding with my PR application.

I would like to get anyone's take on this whole appeal situation. What are our chances on getting at least a working visa for my partner? How long is the process going to take? I am planning on moving to NZ by July(hopefully by that time Ill get my PR approve) and would want my partner to go with me. Should our appeal be rejected, what are our other avenues that we can explore?

Any help/advise is so greatly appreciated.

Good luck with the appeal. I don't know what the likelihood is of success on that - I've not heard before of a CO suggesting an appeal against their own decision.

However, if still refused, have a look at the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm As soon as you can show a little time (even a few weeks) proof of living together, your partner can apply, with your support, and the visa itself then gives the chance to build up the 12 months' proof necessary for Residence. She could presumably go to NZ on a visitor visa, in the first place?

your partner will be given a work visa to fulfill the 12 month time frame, and then you can show the documents and get residence for her. Read through OPSMANUAL, it is specified there.

You got this information from your CO or from a documentation officer?

BTW, how many months you are living together?

I think i will also be getting the same result like you, since we have not submitted 12 months living together.

Relax mate, at least you have got your residence approved, so be happy with that.

you could submit your marriage certificate to prove your relationship.. if not married then its hard for you to prove mate,

Cheers
    Last edited by nzprasun; 28th February 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzprasun View Post
    you could submit your marriage certificate to prove your relationship.. if not married then its hard for you to prove mate,
    Noticed that you changed the wording of this, but I still think that the marriage certificate is one bit of proof among others, in itself, it doesn't make or break your application.

Good luck!

Daniela

I agree with Daniela. Being married does not carry special weight with INZ as a proof of partnership. There are people on the forum who have been married 20 or 30 years, and they still had to send in proof of partnership like shared bills and the rest.

yes, i accept it but DEFINITELY it will add more weightage as it did in my case when i applied for work visa