Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emigration company v Doing it yourself

Default Emigration company v Doing it yourself

Hi,

My husband and I tried to emmigrate a couple of years ago but everything didn't go according to plan for one reason or another so here we are again The first time we went through an emigration company, but this time we thought we might try to do it ourselves, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Martina

Hello and welcome :-). A very good flow chart for your reference:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ght=Flow+chart

I found it after I almost done. But it is really good.

And the INZ website gives a huge amount of information. It can be a bit confusing, getting your head round the different sections, but any time you come up against anything that isn't immediately clear, post a link over here and ask a question, and people will do their best to help.

The process is quite straight forward, I think majority of people on this forum did it themselves (based on posts I read here) and by asking questions on this forum. All the best with your next steps

We tried with some immigration advisors in 2010 and they didnt do much that we didnt know anyway. We just read information on the INZ website and also asked others who had made the journey before us. Just a pity I found this forum when everything was already smooth sailing but you can always post your question here or just go through the questions that others have already asked, it helps. The immigration advisors just make you pay lots of money ...... for nothing (in my view)

I know most of the people on here say 'no' to using an agent and had bad experiences but in our opinion its been great, stress free and no hassle!! Maybe we have been lucky with our agent, he is very efficient and replies straight away to our emails and has given us some great advice!! it is a lot of money but we feel money well spent!! I am sure we could of done it ourselves and this website is very helpful and you can meet some great people!!
    Good luck with you new journey!!

I would not recommend agent. Save money and use it for tickets or shopping. Some agents are good and some out there for money. They do your case but you will be frustrated to know progress of your case. If you are doing directly will not have useless middle man/woman who sit on info and doesn't share with promptly. I will surely not use agent unless case is very complicated.
    Last edited by CCIE_4_NZ_work; 29th February 2012 at 02:20 AM.

We did a halfway deal. We prepared and submitted all paperwork, but had the agent check it prior to sending to nzis. They were also on the end of the phone for moral support once we reached interview, and where genuinely pleased for us when we got AIP.
    We did not really need them with hindsight, but it was helpful at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello and welcome :-). A very good flow chart for your reference:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ght=Flow+chart

I found it after I almost done. But it is really good.
    Thanks for that link it was really helpful and its great to read all the support and advice you all have given.... I think its going to be a case of read, read, ask questions and read!!! Thanks for the support and I'm sure we will be needing it shortly

I think if you are lazy to find out information for yourself agents can be helpful but they do not add anything to the process. They just make information that you may be able to find by other means available.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast