Thread: WTR or PR - help and opinions needed

Question WTR or PR - help and opinions needed

Morning (or evening) to all the migration gurus.

I received a job offer yesterday from an accredited company with INZ, so i'm eligible for a WTR. I also have (with the job offer) >100 points. This means i'm in the privileged position of being eligible under two different visas (I think).

The WTR doesn't include partners and they have to go in on the family stream so we are worried about paperwork delays between mine and her visa approval meaning I won't have enough time in NZ to go from WTR to PR (not that I can envisage a 5 month delay). My other concern is that if we have medicals at the same time hers may not be valid by the time they are needed.

Anyone got any experience of this situation? What would your advise be? Should I phone NZ house?

Thanks in advance

Hello & Welcome

I've just got WTR approved this week, including my wife & daughter. If you choose WTR, you fill out the WTR application form, so does your wife, you also fill out the family stream supporting partner application (you must get it witnessed by a solicitor or Justice of the Peace if in UK). You send both applications together explaining your situation & asking for them to be processed together. That's what we did, after asking the same question in this forum. JandM is a font of knowledge & can point you in the right direction too.

Good luck
    Stuart

You can send in the Partner Sponsored Work Visa application at the same time as the WTR one, to the same place, with a letter linking them, and the CO will normally process the two together as the same case. There will be things you don't know yet, when you fill in the supporting form for your wife's application, such as your visa number, but just leave them blank and the CO will put them in as they become available. This way, there's not the time gap you were imagining between your visa and hers.

Thank you so much. You've just made my day.

Now back to worrying about the 4000 other things I need to sort out.

B-r-e-a-t-h-e... All the best.