Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZQA result is Level 6

Default NZQA result is Level 6

Hi,

After a long wait got the NZQA result and is level 6.

I am working as a Network Engineer and my bachelors is in Computer maintenance and engineering.

Not sure what to do now - can i apply with level 6 or i need to check the reassessment and if i do what r the chances of +ve result

please frds share ur thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by dream27 View Post
    Hi,

After a long wait got the NZQA result and is level 6.

I am working as a Network Engineer and my bachelors is in Computer maintenance and engineering.

Not sure what to do now - can i apply with level 6 or i need to check the reassessment and if i do what r the chances of +ve result

please frds share ur thoughts
    u can't claim bonus point with this level 6

I think you have to seek some kind of confirmation on the Bachelor's from the institution that awarded your degree as NZQA seems to think it's a Diploma rather than a Bachelor.

When you are 100% sure you hold a Bachelor's and if they can supply you with an official letter outlining the course - length and subjects-and explaining why your qualification has to be considered a Bachelor's and not a Diploma, it might be worth it to request a reassessment.

I had to do this a few years ago as my qualifications were assessed a different level and therefore also not suitable for applying through SMC. It worked out in my case but required 4 additional explanatory letters and a few months extra waiting time (all together it took me 8 months to get my degrees assessed)

Good luck and I keep my fingers crossed this works out well for you!

Was this the full assessment, dream27?

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    I think you have to seek some kind of confirmation on the Bachelor's from the institution that awarded your degree as NZQA seems to think it's a Diploma rather than a Bachelor.

When you are 100% sure you hold a Bachelor's and if they can supply you with an official letter outlining the course - length and subjects-and explaining why your qualification has to be considered a Bachelor's and not a Diploma, it might be worth it to request a reassessment.

I had to do this a few years ago as my qualifications were assessed a different level and therefore also not suitable for applying through SMC. It worked out in my case but required 4 additional explanatory letters and a few months extra waiting time (all together it took me 8 months to get my degrees assessed)

Good luck and I keep my fingers crossed this works out well for you!
    Hello Kath,

How can I request for a re-assessment? My husband and I hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the Philippines. I am quite sure we were awarded Bachelor's and not a diploma. We had our qualifications assessed by NZQA (PAR) and they assessed it only as Diploma level 5. I've tried to contact NZQA through the form on their website but they did not respond.

If you can please let me know on how you contacted NZQA and requested for the re-assessment, I will appreciate it greatly.

Many thanks!

NZQA's job is to look at the content, depth, and time studied of a foreign qualification, and state what NZ qualification it is most like, regardless of what the title of the foreign qualification was. That's what they've done here - it's not that they don't know what your qualification was called at home.

See page 22 here for details of how to request a review. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    NZQA's job is to look at the content, depth, and time studied of a foreign qualification, and state what NZ qualification it is most like, regardless of what the title of the foreign qualification was. That's what they've done here - it's not that they don't know what your qualification was called at home.

See page 22 here for details of how to request a review. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf

Thank you for clarifying that JandM i think it is clearer to me now

Hi All,

with NZQA Level 6 for B.Sc Computers degree and Network Engineer Occupation can we apply for EOI? Please advice...

Like I said above, was this the full assessment (IQA)? Or was it PAR?

It's IQA full assessment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast