Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Companies Quotations Booked

Default Shipping Companies Quotations Booked

Right, this morning I have got myself into gear, taken a break from scrubbing down paintwork, and booked some shipping companies to come and give estimates for getting all our worldly goods to the other side of the globe. Maybe it's overkill, but I've booked 5 different companies to come in over the course of a week - one a day - I'm going to be mighty fed up with them at the end of it all! Anglo Pacific, PSS, Pickfords, John Mason and Robinsons are the lucky estimators - it will be interesting to see if they work differently and what the different quotations are!

And I must remember not to be influenced by the attitude of the receptionists answering their telephones - but I do hate a bad first impression!!!

Wow, you're brave, we just have Anglo Pacific coming in at the minute, but then we aren't ready to go yet, just getting the ducks in order so I know where costs etc are for when the moment arrives.

Putting my 'customer service trainer' head on, the impression given by the receptionist is vital, they are the first representative of the company and if they can't be bothered to deal with the call properly, then will the company who employ them be bothered to deal with your treasured belongings? We met a couple of removal companies when we went to a emigration show at the end of last year and how we were dealt with at the stand has had a big impact on who we will contact. I just have very high expectations, but I do warn them so they know before dealing with me

Hope you have a fun week with them all.

Not sure if brave is the right word

Even worse though, I've got 3 estate agents coming in the same day next week!!!! Now that's just plain stupid - how much estate agent speak can I take in one day

Now that is stupid

Have you seen the old thread (recently mentioned again) with searching questions to ask shippers? http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?27567

I have indeed :-) One of your fellow moderators kindly posted the link at the weekend for me.

We had PSS, Pickfords, John Mason and Anglo Pacific round to quote. Definitely sensible to get a few to compare as the prices vary quite considerably.

We'll probably go with PSS as seemed the most professional and they have been in touch several times since. It's always a v friendly Kiwi chap who calls which I'm sure is a nmarketing ploy - it's working with me anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    It's always a v friendly Kiwi chap who calls which I'm sure is a nmarketing ploy - it's working with me anyway!
    He's not called Doug by any chance?? Had to turn the volume down on my phone when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    We had PSS, Pickfords, John Mason and Anglo Pacific round to quote. Definitely sensible to get a few to compare as the prices vary quite considerably.

We'll probably go with PSS as seemed the most professional and they have been in touch several times since. It's always a v friendly Kiwi chap who calls which I'm sure is a nmarketing ploy - it's working with me anyway!
    Sounds like a good marketing ploy to me! Will add PSS to the list

Quote Originally Posted by RejjieM View Post
    He's not called Doug by any chance?? Had to turn the volume down on my phone when he came on
    I can't remember his name but he always sounds like he's kicking back, with a cold one and his feet up on the desk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast